Executive Assistant – Non Profit
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Executive Assistant serves as the strategic partner to the Executive Director and their direct reports. They are a critical liaison between the Executive Director and the Board of Directors. This role is responsible for overseeing and managing schedules, preparing for and handling all logistics of internal/external meetings, developing and disseminating internal/external communications and other critical functions of the leadership team, as well as anticipating and proactively addressing operational and administrative needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as strategic partner to the Executive Director and their direct reports, using best judgment to handle multiple requests for time on their calendars, as well as other competing priorities
- Anticipate operational and administrative needs, proactively addressing such needs and understanding when to escalate issues to keep leadership informed.
- Navigating through ambiguity and effectively problem-solving to drive projects and organizational goals to completion.
- Plan and lead the coordination of events and meetings
- Serve as a key liaison to the Board of Directors
- Build relationships within the organization and with external stakeholders to support organizational objectives
- Be discrete and maintain confidentiality
- Develop and disseminate internal/external communications
- Prepare presentations, agendas, meeting minutes and other materials for a variety of audiences
- Identify operational efficiencies
- Build and maintain operational reports, such as KPI snapshots
- Prepare Executive Director for meetings and effectively summarize information for operational decision-making
SKILLS NEEDED TO SUCCEED
- A self-starter with a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential problems
- A thorough knowledge of organizational policies and procedures
- Significant experience providing support to executive-level staff
- Proven ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Experience working with Executive Staff and Board of Directors, prior experience working for senior-level staff within a large organization
- Must be able to exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy on behalf of Executive Director when dealing with other levels of management and Board of Directors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent customer service, and oral and written communication skills
- Professional and articulate with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively, and independently, with minimal supervision, and to see projects through to conclusion.
- Proof of vaccination OR submission of weekly negative COVID-19 test (PCR). Cost of the test is at the employee’s expense unless they meet the legal requirements for a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelors preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting C-Level/Executive management in the for-profit and/or non-profit environment.
- Required Clearances: FBI Fingerprint; National Criminal Background Check; National Sex Offender Registry; Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check and PATCH
- CPR/AED (will offer on the job training)
- First Aid (American Red Cross) (will offer on the job training)
- Discretionary Bonuses
- Employer contributed 401K
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Access to Health Savings Account
- Free on-site parking
- Free fitness center access
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields