$140,000 - $190,000 / yr
The Estimator will be responsible for organizing a strategic plan for pursuit of identified projects and preparing and supervising the preparation of bids and preliminary schedules to assist in the estimating process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide cost estimation on projects.
- Prepare estimates by reviewing proposals, plans, specifications and related documents.
- Identify and compute labor, material, time and costs by analyzing specifications.
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier quotes and estimates with project management.
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion.
- Close public agency bids including subcontractor and material quote analysis and selection.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- 6+ years as a Project Engineer or Project Manager for heavy civil projects.
- 4+ years estimating public works bids including Caltrans and City/County Agency work.
- 2+ years working with CPM schedules including creating baseline schedules and updating progress schedules.
- 3+ years experience working with HCSS Heavybid.
- Experience with earthwork – mass grading for site work, highway cut/fill/import/export.
- Experience with underground utilities – storm drain, water, sewer and related minor structures.
- Knowledge in bridge and retaining wall construction.
- Work experience in roads, dams, mining, railroad, storm water channels.
- Work experience on an estimating team for project bids of $20-300M.
- Proficient with Autocad, AgTek, Bluebeam, Primavera and Microsoft programs.
- Ability to review and address technical issues with solutions in a timely manner.
- Works well in a group environment, encourages individuals at all organizational levels, and fosters a team approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields