Estimator (Commercial) Construction
$85,000 - $125,000 / yr
They know their people make the biggest difference in a company and make it run successfully, so they take care of their work family. Work-Life balance is just as important as professional growth and satisfaction with all levels of employees, regardless of position or responsibilities.
Their company serves commercial, multifamily and light industrial clients in a number of different industry segments with their most trusted development projects. They have over 2 decades of history in delivering excellence to our clients in the Memphis Tn community. The company is roughly $80+M annually in volume and has a complement of 50+ employees based in the West Tn area.
- Taking the project from first conception & design and estimate all the way through subcontracts being awarded.
- Preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility-level documentation experience.
- Experience with the bidding process: soliciting bid invites, communicating with the bidders, evaluating subcontractor proposals, using bid tally sheets, etc.
- Experience with estimating process on projects valued at $5-25MM or more.
- Look beyond the information that has been given, to ask the right questions and work to provide a complete project cost evaluation.
- Be aggressive in providing innovative solutions to complex issues as they arise related to cost, lead-times, trade partners, and/or specified products or materials.
- Make reliable predictions as it relates to cost and be comfortable estimating across all scopes of work.
- Comfortable with full-scope estimating responsibilities when necessary.
- Be a collaborative advocate for our clients, empowering and informing them throughout the project as needed.
- Prepare detailed estimates and, as the design evolves, develop variance summaries between estimates and value engineering studies throughout.
- Assemble a complete presentation-worthy estimate package that clearly communicates project cost.
- Ability to engage and develop business with new and existing customers.
- Ability to lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the customer/owner.
- Ability to lead and facilitate value engineering sessions with the project team and design team.
- Is a key participant with leadership experience involved in request for proposal responses (RFP’s) and the formal presentation for a project.
We are looking to have discussions with Estimators that are looking for something flexible, challenging & exciting, yet detail-oriented and allows you to be a team player with the ability to lead and coach but also juggle multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Local base of relationships for subcontractors, architects, suppliers and vendors.
- Creative and innovative approaches and solutions on a project-by-project basis.
- Proven ability for participation in team environment, with both external and internal groups.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, estimating software (Timberline or similar), take-off software (On-Screen Takeoff or similar).
- 8+ years of experience as a commercial construction estimator preferably within our core markets (referenced above).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- 401k + company match
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Bonus program up to 20% & Annual EOY Bonus
- Paid Holidays and attractive vacation Paid-Time-Off
- More Benefits discussed upon interview
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields