ER NURSE MANAGER
Palm Springs, CA
$126,000 - $166,000 / yr
Palm Springs, CA
Signing Bonus + PAID RELOCATION
The Clinical Manger is responsible for the day-to-day shift operations in the Emergency Department.
He/she manages human resources at the unit level in a cost-effective manner.
The clinical Manager promptly and fully investigates and resolves complaints of patients, visitors, staff, and physicians, advising management/administration appropriately.
The Clinical Manager demonstrates an ability to respond and provide direction in changing workload during crisis and emergency situations. The Clinical Manager accepts responsibility for helping employees understand difficult administrative decisions.
- Access to all Patient Health Information for treatment purposes only.
- Obtains information and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development.
- Understands the range of treatment needed as appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
- Participates in the management of human resources through assisting, evaluation, counseling, and hiring of staff.
- Ensures that current criteria-based job performance standard and Applicable competencies exist for each member of the staff.
- Ensures that performance evaluations are completed in a timely fashion for both annual and probationary evaluations.
- Facilitates the appropriate completion and timely submission of human resource documentation.
- Appropriately counsels and disciplines staff in a timely manner.
- Interviews and hires staff.
- Coordinates timely attendance at hospital orientation and all mandatory Continuing education programs for employees.
- Assures current, comprehensive, and timely department-specific orientation for all new employees.
- Maintains current records on all employees at unit level to include yearly certification, current licensure, evidence of continuing education and compliance with unit competencies.
- Maintains an open communication with staff on organization, national health care and professional issues.
- Promotes sound staffing practices by optimizing the utilization of human Resources keeping in line with established bench marking and acuity data.
- Utilizes individual patient classification system which predicts nursing care requirements by shift, and maintains documentation to discern trends and patterns of nursing care delivery by shift and staff mix in the daily staffing of the unit.
- Assesses and assists in the implementation of staff development and cross-training as needed.
- Supports all hospital programs to include, but not limited to, risk management, safety, infection control.
- Performs the scheduling function.
- Functions as a Trauma Team member.
- Assists in and understands YTD compliance with labor hour benchmark per unit of service.
- Acts to facilitate interdepartmental interactions.
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving.
- Assists in the completion of standards of care, policies, and procedures are appropriate and current and that they have been reviewed with all staff members.
- Assists in the review and revise of policies and procedures as necessary, but not less that every three years.
- Assist the Director in the development and accomplishment of department long and short term goals.
- Assists in the controls and monitor of supply costs to achieve flexed budgeted costs on a quarterly basis.
- Identifies areas of cost savings through labor and supply utilization efficiencies and communicates suggestions to Director.
- Maintains personal current knowledge and expertise in the Emergency/Trauma field.
- Assists in development of a department strategic plan.
- Facilities and supports the clinical strategic plan.
- Facilitates and supports the organizational strategic plan.
- Integrates PI into daily operations.
- Utilizes PI philosophy in developing strategic directions.
- Assists in the collection of data for unit based improvement, and other ongoing reviews which serve as quality trending.
- Obtains feedback on a regular basis from others within own and other departments. Collaborates with Director on mechanisms for improvement.
- Communicates self and staff concerns through proper written and verbal channels and utilizes problem solving skills to suggest mechanism for correction.
- Assists in the communicating, cooperating, and performing related duties with other members of the hospital staff courteous and efficient manner to actively contribute to overall hospital goals and objectives.
- Acts as a team member within the department and within the organization.
- Demonstrates effective, positive, and responsible relationships with patients, families, medical director & key physicians, employees, management & administration, and related outside agencies.
- Assures timely follow up of patient, family, staff; and physician concerns after consultation with the Director and communicates outcome to Director.
- Current California RN License
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience
- Demonstrated clinical competence and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to present self in positive and professional manner
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintain current at all times)
- Current American Heart Association ACLS Certification
- Must successfully complete EKG test within the first 30 days of hire
- Current American Heart Association PALS – within 180 days
- Current MICN
- Previous management experience.
- ENPC Certification
- CA RN License
- BLS Required
- Bachelors Degree
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields