The primary purpose and primary responsibilities of this position are the following.
The Equipment & Supply Specialist position is responsible for greeting and pleasantly assisting customers when they telephone and/or enter the warehouse store. This position provides friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and trusted advice and assistance towards helping customers select required/needed products; efficiently finalizes payment, sales tax and delivery requirements; and helpfully resolves shipment tracking, product warranty and return needs.
“Follows-up” on the status of open customer quotes, orders, backorders, vendor special orders, shipment tracing, customer call-backs, and overdue customer account balances to finalization of prompt completion and resolution.
Insures product displays remain neat, clean, and well presented in the assigned areas. This includes insuring price signs and tags for displays, and individual items are accurate and prominently displayed, and quarterly price changes are promptly and accurately executed.
Remains aware of new products added to the store and changes within the company’s quarterly sales flyer. Studies product specification sheets and understands practical differences in the products carried. Attends manufacturer/representative training sessions and asks necessary questions to maintain, and increase knowledge of store merchandise, and those available for special order.
Keeps warehouse store management aware of problems and opportunities, and properly obtains assistance when needed.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
The essential duties and responsibilities that are required to be performed by the position include the following.
- Follows proper store and customer priorities by:
- Servicing customers at the counter.
- Servicing customers on the sales floor.
- Servicing customers on the phone.
- Following up and resolving open customer quotes, orders, order tracking, vendor special orders, etc.
- Performing store product and inventory care.
- Furthering personal product knowledge.
- Provides friendly, courteous, sincere, helpful, knowledgeable, efficient, customer service.
- Promptly greets customers as they arrive and/or telephone the store. Helpfully accompanies customers to desired in-store products. Maintains customer eye contact. Converses in a friendly, courteous, sincere, helpful, knowledgeable, efficient and professional manner.
- Demonstrates a sincere interest in creating a trusted long-term customer relationship rather than maximizing the current sale. Learns, remembers and addresses customers by their names. Knowledgeably asks questions needed to fully understand the customer’s food service operation, volume and economic needs.
- Knowledgeable of in-store products, flyer and store locations, and product availability. Comfortably explains features, benefits, usage, product care, and warranty protection. Comfortable in the justification of product prices, and goes out of the way to sincerely help the customer make the best informed and economical selection for their individual needs.
- Provides cost saving tips and alternates (including special advertised priced items, clearance and buyout bargains, discounted scratch & dent and discontinued items, and used equipment alternatives, and suggests meaningful, helpful, needed accessories and related items to customers.
- When inventory needed by the customer is not available at REI, goes out of the way to find and coordinate solutions including substitutions, back orders and non-stock order options, and alternate suppliers when needed.
- Efficiently and accurately finalizes customer order, tax, payment, shipping/delivery, and invoicing procedures (including those for customer returns) while adhering to internal security requirements.
- Applies good judgment in obtaining assistance from other specialists and management when needed.
- Daily reviews Customer reporting including; Open Quotes, Orders, Backorders, Special Orders, and Shipment tracking.
- Verifies that all customer orders are being handled appropriately by tracking open status, coordinating deliveries, and resolving delays.
- Follows up with customers on open customer quotes and orders, keeps customers advised of issues with delayed shipments, payment and tax issues, customer order tracking requests, and other customer requirements needed to finalize and/or resolve their orders.
- Contacts customers, vendors, and shipping companies to coordinate merchandise returns and collection of unpaid funds and overdue account payments, and properly documents in the “Past Due Accounts Action Log” the efforts taken.
- Documents (in the order comments section) all efforts made in finalizing customer quotes, orders, special orders, drop shipment orders, returns, etc.
- Insures the assigned display areas in the store remain clean, organized, properly and accurately ticketed, signed, and displayed.
- Assists in replacing, cleaning and organizing the store and inventory as needed.
- As assigned by Management, performs detailed price check audit of assigned areas when the quarterly flyer is issued.
- Obtains assistance from Management as needed.
- SUPPORT OF CULTURE
The incumbent is expected to be committed to support Restaurant Equippers’ cultural goals by personally participating in the maintaining of the following objectives.
- Pleasant, Enjoyable Workplace: Participates in maintaining a pleasant and enjoyable workplace where everyone can enjoy coming to work and feel safe in professionally expressing opinions and ideas. Treats one another, the company and our business community (i.e. customers, associates, providers, and products) with care and respect. Deals honestly and openly with one another, our company and our business community.
- Positive, Loyal, Enthusiastic Company Support: Provides positive, loyal and enthusiastic support to one another, our company and our business community. Remains alert to needs, and whenever possible goes out of the way to help customers, other associates, and/or management (without being asked, or deciding “It’s not my area” or “It’s not my job”).
- Confidentiality and Professionalism Keeps business affairs confidential both within the company and outside the company. Rather than “gossiping” about business affairs with others, brings questions and/or concerns to management for resolution.
- The Customer Always Comes First…Period! Remembers that the customer is the only reason we are here to receive a pay check, and makes certain the customer always comes first. Consistently supports Restaurant Equippers’ belief that it is more important to create a long term customer relationship than to maximize a sale. Enjoys helping customers, and utilizes each customer’s visit (or phone call) to build a relationship. Consistently goes “out of the way” to make each customer’s experience helpful, pleasant, rewarding and memorable.
- SUPERVISORY/MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The position has supervisory responsibility over the following positions.
- MAJOR INTERNAL CONTACTS
The position has major interaction with the following internal associates.
- Daily contact with the following:
- Store Manager
- Store Assistant Manager
- Equipment & Supply Specialists
- Inventory Control/Warehouse Manager
- General Store Warehouse Associates
- Weekly contact with the following:
- Merchandise & Replenishment Manager
- Re-Buyer Import/Domestic
- Re-Buyer Domestic
- Senior Buyers
- MAJOR EXTERNAL CONTACTS
The position has major interaction with the following external vendors, suppliers, professionals and other outside resources.
- Daily contact with the following:
- Periodic contact with the following:
- Manufacturer Representatives
- Freight Carriers
VII. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Required High School Diploma or GED.
- Preferred Associate’s Degree from a two year college or technical school.
- At least 6 months of experience and/or training in food service operations management or food service equipment sales and service is preferred.
- Minimum requirement of 1 year of intensive computer usage experience; including, keyboarding, e-mail communication, internet usage, and use of multiple software packages.
- Ability to speak Mandarin Chinese or Spanish is preferred.
VIII. SKILL REQUIREMENTS
The position requires the following skills.
- Demonstrated ability engaging and connecting with customers through building long term personal and trusted relationships, and sincerely helping them make the best selection for their specific needs.
- Demonstrated ability possessing and utilizing an ever increasing general knowledge of food service operations, and of company and industry products, features, and benefits to effectively provide knowledgeable, and helpful, food service equipment, and supply advice to food service operators.
- Demonstrated ability reading and interpreting technical documents such as vendor catalogs, company procedure manuals, vendor specification sheets, and product operation and maintenance instructions.
- Demonstrated ability learning and utilizing company computer systems necessary to locate and identify products, availability, prices, freight charges, etc.
- Demonstrated ability utilizing the internet to research necessary information needed by the customer, and effectively communicate this information both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability calculating figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages, and area and size specifications.
- Demonstrated ability speaking effectively to customers, vendors, freight companies, employees, and management of Restaurant Equippers.
- Demonstrated ability writing routine reports.
- Demonstrated ability solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of situations that arise where only limited standardization exists.
- Demonstrated ability using time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities.
I. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
This job requires the following certification, license, or registration. Desired certificates, licenses, or registrations may also be listed, but are not required.
II. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act As Amended to perform the essential functions.
- Write, enter computer data, and converse with customers on the telephone and face to face with associates on a continuous basis.
- Standing and walking for extended periods to assist associates, and customers with merchandise sales.
- At the Columbus Store, frequent climbing up and down stairs.
- Occasionally climb ladders and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Extensive keyboard data entry.
- Occasionally, lift up to 50 pounds.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields