Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Palm Springs, CA
$130,000 - $150,000 / yr
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager. This position is responsible for the planning, direction and implementation of all environmental and safety programs for the plant and the promotion of an accident free and environmentally conscious environment. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Maintain air quality management systems to ensure Title V air permit compliance
· Method 9 observer certification for stack emission compliance and fugitive dust compliance
· Work with Corporate EHS Manager on submission of air permit modifications and renewal applications for plant
· Maintain and document implementation of all environmental sampling performed as required by permits (air, water, solid waste), OSHA driven sampling and other EHS sampling performed.
· Maintain a compliance calendar to ensure all permit and other regulatory required EHS activities are completed to ensure the plant systematically identifies requirements, due to dates and tracks conformance with compliance responsibilities.
· Ensures all EHS reporting is timely, completed, and documented as required by permits and other regulatory requirements (i.e., EPCRA).
· Manage spill reporting and clean-up activities.
· Work with plant leadership and safety committee to improve the plant’s safety management program, and employee work habits and their commitment to working accident-free
· Investigate all incidents, recommend corrective actions and issue company-wide hazard alerts
· Conduct or administer all EHS training; ensure all task-training documents are in order
· Conduct and document inspections of the plant in accordance with permit and EHS management system requirements. Ensure/identify deficiencies/non-conformances are identified and corrective actions are taken and documented.
· Maintain a strong vigilance against any potential EHS violations from administrative, behavioral and structural perspectives
· Lead and participate in and all EHS related inspections
· Administers all regularly scheduled examination, testing and monitoring such as employee health screening, dust and noise monitoring
· Oversee reporting and management of all plant compensations claims
· Assist in the writing of all company safety policies, work instructions, job hazard analyses, etc.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The EH&S Manager position is responsible for safe and efficient operation of the plant.
BS in EH&S or related discipline with experience in Environmental permits and regulations.
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager must have a demonstrated record of accomplishment in a power plant or manufacturing culture focused on environmental health and compliance, safety, reliability and process improvement. Experience should include a minimum of five years of leading environmental health and safety experience in an industrial environment with significant EHS permit and regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will have the desire and potential to develop into a broader management role.
Other desired qualifications include:
· Demonstrated experience in “raising the bar” of EHS above the minimum regulations and regulatory agency-driven initiatives while integrating compliance with plant operations.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate technical data and communicate results in layman’s terms; proficiency in technical and creative writing proficiency in Microsoft Software and internet research capabilities.
· A strong passion for EHS compliance, performance improvement, evaluate environmental or safety solutions and economics and a solid ability to successfully interact with plant personnel at all levels
· Ability to execute strategic EHS projects
· Ability to lead teams and direct EHS related efforts of contracts
· Exceptional organization and communication skills
· Results oriented and fosters teamwork and excellence.
· Ability to manage installation projects for EHS improvements in close coordination with maintenance and operations.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields