$120,000 - $145,000 / yr
The Mechanical Engineering Manager will have both functional and technical management responsibility for your team in the design and development of high-speed, automated packaging equipment. You will ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications. This is a great opportunity for someone to build their own process and procedure based on personal experience and best practices. This position is located at our Packaging Machinery & Automation facility in Smyrna, GA where packaging machinery is designed and created for our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the design of high speed, automated packaging machinery including mechanical layout, sourcing components and generating BOMs.
- Coordinate with project managers, manufacturing, supply chain and electrical engineers to ensure projects are completed to specifications.
- Setting standards for the team, assigning projects and setting priorities.
- Establishing relationships with customer facing organizations, vendors and suppliers.
- Drawing up budgets, schedules, education and training.
- Conducting root cause analysis, performing diagnostics, and troubleshooting equipment
- Ensuring a safe, positive work environment.
- Drive development projects by directing and influencing cross functional teams.
- Manage subcontractors and their work to meet design requirements within project timelines.
- Machine Production and Installation Support
- Support the Technical Sales managers on platform production projects.
- Respond to questions, troubleshoot, provide studies and estimates.
- Provide cost effective solutions to problems effecting the customer product while maintaining the integrity of the design.
- Understand customer’s mechanical specifications and needs for their packaging operations.
- Maintains internal relationship with fellow employees.
- Maintains external relationships with Customer and their specific needs, Supplier representatives and WestRock personnel.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- 5+ years in engineering, preferrable working on high-speed, automated machinery.
- Experience in organizational change management.
- Experience with ASME Y14.5 and GD&T
- Experience in a high-mix, low-volume manufacturing environment.
- Packaging Machinery Equipment experience is a plus.
- Additional licensure or certification may be required.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Practical experience with CAD software, PLM systems and engineering change management.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Excellent motivational skills and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to travel 10-15% to include travel to our international sister plant in France.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields