Embedded Firmware Developer
Broken Arrow, OK
Electronics design and manufacturer in the oil & gas pipeline industry is seeking a full-time Senior Embedded Systems Firmware Developer.
Seeking a Senior Embedded Systems Firmware Developer to participate in the development of a suite of portable, battery powered cloud-connected devices for use in and around oil and gas pipelines using C, C++. Other language experience will be considered.
Ideal candidates will be self-motivated and have experience in developing firmware for commercial battery powered products with a multitude of sensors and digital signal filtering. The devices we are developing will use sensors to detect events on oil and gas pipelines including magnetic events, weather, temperature, etc. and report them to cloud interfaces via NB-IoT modems, satellite modems and distributed LoRaWAN networks.
As an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, candidates must have the ability to work within and help us to improve our processes and procedures. Familiarity with ISO 9001 is a plus.
- Architect, code, and integrate firmware for core products
- Report to the Vice President of R&D, and assist in defining a product roadmap
- Participate in design review meetings; communicate product status, identify obstacles, and provide solutions
- Design and develop sophisticated firmware on ARM CPU platforms with peripherals which connect and send data to IoT cloud portals
- Deliver prototype and final products to internal and external customers on time, every time
- Document product/process changes related to prototype testing and manufacturing feedback
Candidates should have many of the following capabilities:
- Embedded systems development in C/C++ experience including design, prototype, and deployment
- Interpret specifications and define requirements for firmware on microcontroller systems
- Experience with ARM microprocessors/microcontrollers
- Implementation of firmware to interface with sensors systems: 5+ years
- Familiarity with I2C, UART, and SPI interfaces
- Experience with high level communications protocols and physical layers such as TCP/IP, WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, LoRaWAN, USB, etc.
- Experience with Cellular, NB-IoT, Cat-M and/or mesh networking electronics and firmware implementation a major plus
- Experience with aggressive power management for handheld battery powered devices
- Ability to read schematics and use common lab equipment (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes)
- Low frequency digital signal filtering operating on ARM processors using MATLAB like tools a plus
- Using Git/GitHub repositories for projects
- Independently carries out firmware design tasks and produces test plans for the designs
- Good written and verbal communication skills with understanding of continuous improvement methodologies (ISO 9001)
- Full-time salaried in the range of $85,000.00 – $105,000.00 per year
- Free lunch daily served by in-house chef
- 401(k) with match
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holidays Off
- Monday to Friday (8:00am-5:00pm)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Math and Algorithms Design, MATLAB a plus
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma (Required)
- Fluent in English (Required)
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields