Electro Mechanical Technician – 3rd shift
New Life is currently on the hunt for an Electromechanical Technician for 3rd shift for a client we have near the Reading, PA area! If this is something you think you would be interested in, please feel free to apply and get more info below!
As a Plant Electromechanical Technician, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our manufacturing facility. Your responsibilities will include installing, upgrading, and repairing various plant equipment to support our production processes. You will also be responsible for selecting and purchasing electrical supplies and apparatus, as well as working with external contractors from various crafts. All work will be carried out in strict adherence to the National Electrical Code and any applicable state or local codes. Your work will span across both the Melt Shop and Raw Materials processing operations.
Provide hands-on electrical and mechanical support for plant facilities, including systems up to and including 480v/3 phase requirements.
Troubleshoot, modify, and repair electrical and control systems and equipment.
Test and repair electronic/electrical equipment, circuits, and components.
Perform calibrations and adjustments following approved standard procedures.
Conduct functional testing of repaired boards and parts and maintain accurate records of repair and test status.
Plan and coordinate the installation of new plant equipment, including control circuitry for motors, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
Document all repairs, services, calibrations, and modifications.
Plan and perform preventative maintenance to ensure the reliability and productivity of equipment.
Maintain inventories of parts and supplies, gain necessary approvals, and order parts as needed.
Recommend modifications to improve equipment reliability and productivity, working closely with management.
Supervise outside contractors working “in-plant” as assigned.
Perform non-electrical projects and repairs as assigned to cover for vacations, personnel shortages, and emergencies.
Utilize and maintain standard electronic test equipment, including digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, and various meters.
Maintain furnace equipment and coordinate repairs with other Electronic Technicians as required.
Maintain electrical/electronic schematics and assist in coordinating off-site repair of electronic components (e.g., cameras, monitors, crane controls, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned, including acting as a Master EMT to guide and oversee apprentices.
- Liaise with clients, vendors, and other maintenance personnel to ensure effective communication and collaboration.
- High school diploma and/or GED; a 2-year Electromechanical or Electrical Degree is preferred.
- 2 years of experience as an Electromechanical Technician in an industrial/manufacturing environment OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of motor control circuits and/or PLCs.
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Firm grasp of health and safety codes.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Proven ability to plan and complete projects and assignments from conception to completion.
- Ability to work with contractors from various crafts.
- Effective communication skills.
- Willingness to work any shift and any day of the week (including weekends) and overtime.
Salary: $33.81/hour, depending on experience.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields