Electrical Power Engineer
$140,000 - $160,000 / yr
As an Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of plant’s low and medium voltage power distribution systems. In this newly created hybrid role you can work from your home office regularly and the plant when needed for installations, upgrades, meetings, etc.
This role will support multiple company facilities and will require about 20% travel.
- Responsible for the design, installation, operations, and maintenance of plant electrical distribution from 24V up to 15KV.
- Capex development, support, and management including field construction of multiple projects.
- Develop, maintain, and execute 5 year capital plan for power sustaining and improvement projects.
- Manage electrical technical specifications, standards, and guidelines
- Serve as plant electrical safety and subject matter expert.
- Manage overall electrical contractor deployment and work force.
- Low and medium voltage preventative maintenance planning and oversight.
- Develop the electrical technical skills of others outside the electrical field
- Direct planned major plant outage of electrical systems and upgrades
- Cooperatively work with engineering teams to plan, develop, support, and implement capital and sustaining projects to improve safety, reduce costs, improve quality, reduce environmental impacts, and increase capacity.
- Provide emergency support for the plant’s 24/7/365 operations
- Bachelors degree in Power or Electrical Engineering and 5+ years experience OR 15+ years industrial electrical experience in lieu of degree.
- Distribution system protection including relay programming and applications.
- Ability to understand and implement layers of reliability and predictive maintenance testing such as transformer oil testing, infrared scans, ultrasound, etc.
- Familiarity with co-generation, performance and controls.
- Motor control system design and installation.
- Experienced in applicable codes and standards relating to industrial electrical control hardware and software (NFPA 70E, NEC 70, IEC, UL Listing etc..)
- Experience with supporting and/or managing large capital projects that require installation/integration of electrical systems construction
- Positive, interactive engagement at all organizational levels
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Effective teacher and mentor for non-electrical staff.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of electrical distribution and power loading in industrial controls systems.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and able to take ownership of the electrical systems without supervision from site management.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields