Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
$105,000 - $115,000 / yr
The candidate will support the design and manufacturing of laboratory equipment, including biological safety cabinets, shakers, incubators, and freezers. Specific responsibilities on electrical components, electrical subsystems and product testing.
- Lead projects to improve overall product quality, cost, and throughput, with a focus on optimizing the electrical systems for ease of manufacturing and cost reduction.
- Actively participate in the product development cycle from New Product Introduction (NPI) thru product discontinuation.
- Takes ownership of projects and drives to completion using the Engineering Change Request (ECR) Process.
- Develop proper specifications for electrical systems and subsystem/component performance.
- Develop and execute test plans to validate electrical system performance while utilizing design for reliability tools and performance sensitivity analysis. Consideration must be given to the applicable third-party certifications, including FDA, UL, CSA, and CE requirements.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems, including both analog and digital circuits, and components to correct existing problems and improve product quality and reliability.
- Perform work in office environment with frequent exposure to manufacturing plant activity while using Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values.
- Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and support PPI and Lean Manufacturing projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of related experience, including manufacturing of medical devices in a regulated environment.
- Experience with circuit board design/layout, bench/in-product testing, and regulatory testing (NRTL, EMC/EMI)
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems, including products with refrigeration systems
- Experience with commonly used PCB CAD design tools (including Altium, PADS), programming languages (including C, C++, Basic), Microsoft Office, and SAP. Familiarity with SolidWorks preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- High levels of self-discipline, drive, and a proven ability to lead a highly skilled global cross-functional team.
- Minimum to high complexity Project Management experience is a plus.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and can demonstrate same within a matrix organization and with all levels of management.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields