Electrical Engineering Manager
$120,000 - $145,000 / yr
The Electrical Engineer will lead a team of electrical and automation engineers working on the design and development of high-speed, automated packaging equipment. You will have full functional and technical management responsibility for your team to ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications. This is a great opportunity for someone to build their own process and procedure based on personal experience and best practices.
You will be working with the Packaging, Machinery and Automation (PM&A) Team based in Smyrna, GA, where you will assist to develop equipment through the implementation of emerging technologies and best in class controls design practices for high-speed automated packaging equipment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, review and enforce engineering standards for product development, wiring schematics, BOM generation, PLC and HMI Code.
- Lead a team of engineers working on custom automation solutions by assigning projects and setting priorities.
- Ensure designs meet NEC, MFPA70 and UL508 standards.
- Ensure programming meets IEC standards LD, IL, SFC and ST.
- Coordinating with project managers, manufacturing, supply chain and mechanical engineers to ensure projects are completed to specifications.
- Establishing relationships with customer facing organizations, vendors and suppliers.
- Drawing up budgets, schedules, education and training.
- Ensuring a safe, positive work environment.
- Drive development projects by directing and influencing cross functional teams
- Manage subcontractors and their work to meet design requirements within project timelines
- Machine Production and Installation Support
- Support the Technical Sales managers on platform production projects.
- Respond to questions, troubleshoot, provide studies and estimates.
- Provide cost effective solutions to problems effecting the customer product while maintaining the integrity of the design
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities and organizational skills. Candidates should be passionate about engineering and able to efficiently troubleshoot systems.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- 3 or more years of functional management experience and +10 yrs. in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Experience in organizational change management.
- Extensive practical experience in electrical engineering, high speed automation or electromechanical equipment.
- PLC programming including Siemens and Allen-Bradley controllers.
- Experience in a high-mix, low-volume manufacturing environment.
- Packaging Machinery Equipment experience is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Practical experience with CAD software, PLM systems and engineering change management.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Excellent motivational skills and multitasking abilities.
- 10-15% travel, including international to our sister plant in France.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields