Electrical Engineering Department Head for Architectural & Engineering Fir
$80,000 - $110,000 / yr
This opportunity also comes with all the benefits you would expect at a solid career focused firm:
· Competitive salary and discretionary bonus program
· Family oriented culture that understands the value of work/life balance
· Team environment with active and involved management
· Office environment is an open office with cubicles
· The chance to work on exciting projects, often with well-known companies
· Medical Insurance
· Company paid Dental, life insurance up to $100,000, STD, and LTD
· Health Savings Account/ Health Savings Account / Health Reimbursement accounts available
· 401k retirement plan with 4% company match
· 9 paid holidays and a generous vacation plan
· BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredit program in the United States
· PE registration in the state of South Carolina or the ability to obtain the same NCEES registration desirable, if not currently registered, then ability to obtain if hired.
· Minimum 7 years’ experience as a registered PE in electrical design of industrial projects with a variety of electrical systems including industrial 480V, 3 Phase Power systems, backup generators, industrial / warehouse lighting system, office power and lighting, fire alarm systems, and IT systems. Construction desirable.
· Understanding of building codes and design standards, including but not limited to those prepared by the NFPA 70, (NED), and IBC. Familiarity with FM Global Standards a plus.
· Experience with defining and specifying electrical design loads, preparing power load sheets, equipment selection, development of project specifications, construction drawings, shop drawing review, and resolving issues and conflicts that arise during construction.
· Must be able to visit existing client facilities and active construction sites, and make observations of existing conditions, current challenges encountered during construction, or other issues that may require physically traversing the site and/or building to observe and measure facilities and equipment not at the main level of the structure.
· Creative thinker with the ability to think outside of the box
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet project schedules and goals. Excellent record keeping a must.
· Experience with computer aided design and drafting programs including but not necessarily limited to AutoCAD and Revit.
· Good verbal and written communication skills, with English as the primary language.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work as a team within the Electrical Department and with other disciplines. Must be detail oriented and highly motivated with the ability to budget, direct, and assign the work of Electrical Department staff.
· Ability to assist with company sales and marketing efforts as required, including but not necessarily limited to preparing preliminary project designs, estimating project design fees, writing proposals and attending business development functions.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields