Electrical Engineer – Process Controls
Electrical Engineer – Process Controls (Intermediate Level) – Orlando, FL
As an Electrical Engineer, you will bring your creative skills and expertise to design electrical machine controls for standard and custom packaging machines within the Automated Packaging Systems division at his company. You will have the opportunity to provide programming, integration and communication for various PC’s, PLC’s, HMI’s, single and multi-axis servos, VFD’s and related components on standard and custom packaging machines.
How you will impact:
- Provide design of standard machinery controls for solving our customer’s packaging needs
- Accuracy of calculations for electrical and pneumatics required for designing automation mechanisms and equipment
- Create and maintain electrical bills of materials, in a structured format and submit to purchasing and production on the specific equipment
- Research purchased electrical components for adequate sizing and selection of various electrical devices
- Using AutoCAD 2D to develop working electrical layout drawings, control cabinet drawings, and pneumatic layout drawings for production and customer usage in component identification
- Assist in cost reduction and quality improvement of the electrical designs for our machinery
- Understand customer’s electrical specifications and needs for their packaging operations
- Assist technical writer in creation of machine documentation
- Provide programming for standard equipment upgrades, and all custom packaging machinery
- Participate in start-up and commissioning of machinery in plant and occasionally at customer’s facility
What you need to succeed:
- Electrical Engineering Degree from an accredited University or equivalent.
- Preferred experience in Electrical design of industrial automated machinery in AutoCAD Electrical, to include:
- High voltage three phase and single phase (600V and lower) schematics.
- Control system design using Allen-Bradley components (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, MicroLogix, Micro 850 processors; PanelView HMIs, PowerFlex 525 VFDs, Kinetix 5300, 5500 Servo Drives, Remote I/O)
- I/O Layout diagrams, Electrical panel layout diagrams, Machine layout diagrams, and Pneumatic diagrams
- Complete electrical Bill of materials
- Preferred experience with structured programming and configuring industrial automated machinery using Rockwell Automation products (Studio 5000, RSLogix 5000, RSLogix 500, Connected Components Workbench, Factor
- Electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills (Interpersonal, Office, Presentation).
- Time managements skills for completing multiple simultaneous assignments.
- Knowledge in NEC and NFPA 79 standards.
- Good analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields