Position Electrical Engineer
Location Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN (no remote)
Permanent, Full Time
- Designs one or more of the following: medium voltage and 480 volt power generation
and distribution systems (primary requirement).
- Designs non-commercial building power and lighting systems. Includes the design of
special systems, such as ground fault, lightning protection, engine-generator, UPS, DC,
- Prepares engineering documents and equipment specifications to meet contracted scope of work and to ensure application of Electrical Engineering Principles including single-line diagrams, plans, schedules, schematics and details.
- Performs power system studies, including arc fault hazard analysis, short circuit, load flow, protective device coordination and harmonics studies, using SKM PTW.
- Reviews and approves contractor submittals, conducts construction observation and
provides field support during startup and commissioning of electrical systems and equipment.
- Develops labor/cost estimates for assigned scope of work, and is accountable for ensuring we stay within scope and budget.
- Creates project plans and schedules for the execution of work.
- May serve as project manager for complete projects, when assigned.
- Supports the business development process through input to proposals, meeting and interviewing with prospective customers, etc.
- Provides work direction to other team members, including subcontractors, as assigned.
- Provides technical and engineering support to other departments/disciplines.
A Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering and Professional Engineering registration in
Minnesota, or the ability to obtain Minnesota registration via comity are required. P.E.
registration in other states is desirable but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 5 years experience minimum in electrical design experience across a variety of industries and processes
- Basic understanding of Electrical, Mechanical, Civil and Structural Engineering construction practices
- Strong knowledge of Codes and industry standards (e.g. NEC, NFPA, NESC, ANSI/IEEE, etc.)
- Project experience and/or working knowledge of Process, Instrumentation & Controls desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with Designers, Engineers and Project Managers
- Possess strong communication skills, and influencing skills, and has demonstrated the maturity and self-confidence to work withcolleagues and customers
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields