Electrical Engineer for Power Generation Projects
Our client is seeking the services of an electrical engineer to support design, operations, maintenance, and construction of public works infrastructure, in particular high voltage hydropower generation facilities and other power generation and water infrastructure.
We are looking for someone who is excited to help us to grow our electrical engineering practice while providing critical support to ensure the continued reliable operation of the public infrastructure which serves water and power to the residents of the San Francisco Bay Area.
The position will work and under the direction of client agency employees to
- monitor the performance of hydroelectric generators & transformers, electric transmission & distribution assets, switchyards & substations, to identify opportunities to improve asset performance and reliability
- Work with operators nsure compliance with all applicable WECC/NERC standards
- Be a subject matter expert for all NERC/WECC PRC standards and actively work to ensure compliance with all applicable PRC standards at HHWP including, but not limited to, PRC-002, 004, 005, 019, 023, 024, 025, 026 and 027.
- Troubleshoot system failures by providing technical support, develop root cause analysis and establish and finalize documentation in coordination HHWP professionals.
- Make field inspections of existing structures and sites to determine necessity for future construction, repair, or maintenance; conduct preliminary field studies and surveys, and collect data relative to the preparation of designs and drawings.
- Perform electrical calculations/studies such as protective relay settings, breaker fault current interrupting ratings, transmission & distribution protection coordination studies, distribution load flow studies and arc flash analysis. Develop and stamp plans and specifications for assigned projects, instrumentation and controls (I&C) designs, and Station Drawings.
- Review, update and streamline Electrical Engineering processes.
- Coordinate and liaise with engineering consultants and contractors to ensure contracted deliverables meet requirements.
- Perform quality management reviews of internal and externally prepared technical documents.
- Provide Electrical Engineering support to maintenance and capital projects. Prepare and assist in preparing studies, calculations, specifications, designs, drawings, sketches, and plans using AutoCAD or other software tools.
- Communicate clearly and concisely using written and verbal skills. Prepare and assist in the preparation of reports, contract specifications, lists of materials, cost estimates, schedules, and progress payments. Prepare field condition reports, projects status reports, and studies.
- You are a professional with technical expertise as well as strong communications skills which will allow you to effectively and creditably communicate complex technical issues with our clients.
- You have strong technical, managerial, and leadership skills
- You appreciate a balance between hands-on field activities and office engineering.
- You enjoy direct client contact and professional networking.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are self-motivated and passionate about your work.
- You excel in an unconventional work environment. You enjoy working in varied locations, including job sites, at home, and in the office.
- 5 or more years of Electrical Engineering experience working at a water or hydroelectric utility, agency, or district.
- Professional Electrical Engineer registered in the State of California
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the design of large-scale power generation systems. Hydropower is preferred, but your experience could be in gas, solar, or nuclear.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience with instrumentation & controls work and facility testing, start-up, and commissioning.
- NFPA 70: National Electrical Code (NEC) Certification
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Certification
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields