Electrical Design Engineer – Partial Remote position
El Paso, TX
$95,000 - $120,000 / yr
My client, an International Manufacturer with over $900MM in global sales, is a leader in the Power Management market. They are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join their product development team. Will be responsible for the hardware and firmware design of their products: Architecture and design of electrical system components; designs include electronics and power circuits, PCBAs with microprocessor and connected/IoT devices firmware. The Electrical Design Engineer works with the R&D and Product Management team to design new and alter current designs, and to provide customers with custom solutions not in the current catalog.
Exciting position to be the lead electrical design engineer of products within one of the fastest growing technology sectors, whose future is exceptionally bright and necessary. Will work within a collaborative engineering environment, but with a great deal of room for independent design / engineering development work.
Partial Remote Work Schedule available. However, the Electrical Design Engineer has to live near the communities of Newburyport, MA (The Division’s Main Office) or El Paso, TX (work at their Juarez, MX plant). Work schedule can be 3 days onsite and 2 days working remotely from home each week. Will have to pick either MA or TX as home base.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. My client cannot provide Visa sponsorship.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Must have a minimum of Four to six years of experience designing Printed Circuit Board technology that includes microprocessors / microcontrollers on them, which are then utilized in some form of Power Electronics / Applications.
- At least 2 years of electrical design experience in a lead role is required.
- Industrial Product design and development experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of two years of firmware development experience; focused on functionality.
- Prior experience designing overvoltage / electronic surge protection devices is a huge plus.
- MODBUS Communications design experience is a plus, but not required.
- Simulation experience is a plus, but not required.
- Hands-on experience using OrCAD is big plus.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields