Electrical Design Engineer
This position is solely responsible for design, development, implementation, analysis of design and project management of various engineering projects and systems. This position will work closely with Engineering Management and Project Managers to ensure the highest quality and timely completion of work on a daily basis. The Electrical Engineer will support all lines of business as a knowledge base and resource for projects, electrical codes, and electrical designs. The Electrical Engineer must be able to learn and apply different standards and processes as new products are developed and as products and standards change.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
· Perform all design and planning of electrical power systems for all types of projects to include, but not limited to buildings and facilities, and other commercial or retail projects.
· Prepare electrical sites plans and layouts.
· Ability to learn lighting design process to review and approve photometrics for lighting designs.
· Assist the project management team to ensure projects are meeting deadlines.
· Interface with code officials, contractors, architects, and other clients.
· Communicate with and attend meetings (as needed) with clients as well as other MEP and AEC disciplines to further opportunities with clients.
· Analyze existing electrical systems for buildings.
· Design of lighting systems, perform photometric analysis, electrical short circuit analysis, energy code calculations, and building power load analysis.
· Prepare engineering analysis of projects including preliminary design, budget analysis, calculations, life cycle costs, and equipment selection.
· Coordinate with local authorities, utilities, and municipalities to incorporate codes and standards.
· Provide input, feedback, and updates on project schedules.
· Review shop drawings and submittals.
· Coordinate with suppliers, contractors, and clients
· Familiarity of NEC Code.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD is required, Revit experience is preferred.
· Agi32 lighting design software experience preferred, not required.
· Understanding of CA Title 24 preferred, not required.
· Understanding of COM Checks preferred, not required.
· Familiarity with power distribution, lighting controls, fire alarm, specification, writing, energy conservation.
· Strong interpersonal skills and experience helping maintain client relationships.
Education and Experience:
· B.S. Electrical Engineering
· Minimum 5 years of design experience in electrical engineering
· P.E. License required
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
Please not this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields