Electrical Controls Engineer, High Speed Manufacturing, CPG
$100,000 / yr
Join a world-class consumer packaged goods company that is expanding rapidly in central Ohio! As an Electrical Controls Engineer, you will lead the project management, installation, and troubleshooting of state-of-the-art, high-speed manufacturing systems and related capital projects including PLC controlled production lines, converting machines, AC/DC motor drives, control systems, vision systems, and electrical instrumentation throughout the manufacturing plant.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Provide leadership and project management for the electrical portion of capital projects from start to finish, including scope definition, cost estimates, design, implementation schedule, vendor coordination, and installation support
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support for all high-speed production, converting, and packaging equipment
- Share best practices regarding production equipment (PLC controlled systems, converting machines, high speed video cameras, vision systems, etc.) with engineering, operations, and maintenance teams
- Implement all software and hardware changes necessitated by product changes, new machines or technology
- Monitor and analyze waste, quality and downtime data to set priorities for system improvements
- Ensure electrical documentation and SOP’s up-to-date for all systems
- Provide system training for maintenance and operations personnel
- Provide support to the maintenance team as needed in all areas of plant operations
- Train and develop E&I Technicians on electro-mechanical equipment and PLC programming
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or equivalent
- 5+ years engineering or maintenance experience in a manufacturing or converting facility.
- Prior experience in a high-speed consumer goods manufacturing facility a plus
- Strong experience with PLC logic (programming and troubleshooting), adjustable speed motor controls, feedback control systems, three phase equipment and positioning servo drive systems
- Prior experience or exposure to high-speed video inspection cameras or “vision” systems is a plus (i.e., Banner, Keyence, Ametek, Cognex, ISRA, Schenk Vision, etc.)
- Experience with CIJ printing (VideoJet, Marsh or Matthews) is a plus
- Strong background in project management
Compensation for this position includes an attractive base salary, annual bonus potential, plus a comprehensive benefits package. Relocation assistance is available for outstanding candidates. Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields