Electrical Controls/Design Engineer – Robotics
The Electrical Controls/Design Engineer – Robotics will be responsible for bringing together the electrical design and programming associated with company’s robotic cells and other equipment. This position is with our Automated Packaging System (APS) Team based in Orlando, FL where you will assist to develop and control world class robotic cells and related equipment through the implementation of emerging technologies and best in class controls design practices.
How you will impact :
· Develop efficient flow charts for the theory of machine operation to serve as a basis for efficient controls design and programming.
· Develop root level Allen-Bradley PLC and HMI control programs to interface with FANUC and/or KUKA robot control programs.
· Develop robot control programs for case loading, palletizing, and other material handling applications.
· Design controls and programming for other material handling equipment such as conveyors, collators and dispensers relative to efficient product, case and pallet handling.
· Interface with Project Management and Mechanical Engineering team to ensure that electrical designs and programming are in-line with overall project objectives.
· Assist the Application Engineering department to develop strong control concepts to support new customer applications.
· Research and implement emerging technologies that lead to world class design and implementation of equipment, with strong emphasis on design flexibility and redeployment.
· Create a foundation of commonly utilized and proven designs/programs that can be standardized/reutilized.
· Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
What you need to succeed:
· B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and technical/professional experience.
· Minimum 3-years’ experience in electrical/controls/programming experience relative to robotics, material handling and systems integration – Required.
· CAD skill required (AutoCAD Electrical preferred).
· Ability to implement industry safety standards into electrical and programming design for robot cells: i.e. UL, Robot Industry Association (RIA).
· Prior experience developing standardized PLC/HMI/Robot control interfaces is a plus.
· Strong Microsoft apps skills: i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Analytical ability and great problem-solving skills.
· Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
· Ability to travel as required (up to 10%).
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
- Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with match and more!
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields