Schiller Park, IL
$60,000 - $65,000 / yr
Get ready to make a significant impact on workplace safety as we search for a passionate EHS Specialist to join our team! In this role, you’ll be at the forefront of creating a secure and healthy work environment, and we’re thrilled about the prospect of having someone with your enthusiasm on board. This position is with an established and rapidly growing company reporting directly to the Vice President of Human Resources partnering with the management team, championing EHS best practices and fostering a safety-first culture.
· Lead high-energy training sessions on health and safety policies, ensuring practical application and engagement.
· Conduct regular inspections with a keen eye for detail, addressing potential hazards and EHS violations head-on.
· Champion compliance by implementing dynamic health and safety protocols that elevate our safety standards.
· Dive into documentation with precision, preparing detailed incident reports and health and safety manuals.
· Reporting incidents and compliance status to management and regulatory agencies.
· Stay ahead of the curve on the latest EHS trends, policies, regulations, and best practices.
· Take the lead as the chairperson of the company safety committee.
· Embrace additional responsibilities with enthusiasm and the mentality and attitude working “with” people” not “talking at” mindset.
· Take lead on proposing and implementing solutions and intervention strategies for hygiene, health, safety hazards, and monitor operational processes and employee activities for potential risks.
· Craft compelling assessment documentation, incident and accident reports, and health and safety manuals.
· Share incidents and compliance status with management, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education & Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety, or related field.
· Minimum of two years’ experience as an EHS specialist or coordinator.
· Detailed knowledge of relevant regulations such as OSHA, EPA, and ANSI.
· The ability to read and interpret safety data sheets.
· Experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to showcase communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
· Execute tasks with precision, leveraging your attention to detail and organizational skills.
Get ready to be a driving force in enhancing workplace safety!
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields