Disputes Resolution Associate
$85,000 - $120,000 / yr
Our Disputes Resolution practice provides case assessment, strategy design, complex financial modeling, damage theory formulation, settlement assistance, and expert witness testimony in a variety of legal matters. A member of our team will often submit an expert report and provide expert testimony in trial, and you will provide vital support for these efforts.
We’re looking for an Associate to support senior professionals as outlined in the responsibilities and focus below. This person will have experience with valuation and/or financial due diligence procedures and analysis.
This is an opportunity to utilize your analysis, project management, and analytic abilities to ensure that our projects are managed to successful completion.
As a representative, the candidate will never compromise on integrity and must understand the importance of fair dealing, personal responsibility and client loyalty.
- Provide quality consulting services to attorneys, general counsels, and boards of directors to ensure the end product will support thorough and grounded expert financial opinions
- Create financial models and cash flow analysis, completing business related valuations and other analyses as dictated by the needs of the client or transaction
- Develop and/or evaluate damages claims and calculations
- Provide support to attorneys on key financial, valuation, and business issues
- Conduct industry research in order to gain an understanding of the drivers that affect value and creditworthiness of the involved parties
- Research specific industries, markets, and companies, in order to evaluate peers and market responses to specific fraudulent events
- Draft of internal and external communications, including client proposals and expert reports
- Analyze legal transactions to determine value of assets
- Organize and analyze large data sets to provide meaningful conclusions
- Help prepare senior team members for testimony in deposition and trial
- Preparation of and participation in client presentations and new business pitches
- Significant client interaction at multiple levels
- 1-4 years-experience in financial advisory services, banking, consulting, accounting, or other fields with heavy financial analysis
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university. Advanced degrees and professional certifications are encouraged.
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Thorough knowledge of corporate finance principles and financial statement analysis
- Strong mathematical, analytical, research, comprehension and quantitative skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to master new tasks and understand new industries quickly
- Demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results
- Excellent research abilities including familiarity with Bloomberg, Capital IQ etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields