Director of Women’s and Childrens Services
An awesome opportunity at a Level II trauma, community hospital serving Southeastern OH.
Will support the following service lines
Obstetrics-LDR Model 10 Labor Beds, 3 Antepartum/Triage private rooms
Mother Baby 19 Beds
Well Baby Nursery 26 beds
Intensive Care Nursery (Level 2) 8 beds
Telemedicine Program NSY
Maternal Family Education Program-Lactation Support, Bereavement, Childbirth Education, Spirit of Women
Alternacare-(Ambulatory Surgery Center for Sterilizations)
SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) program
Domestic Violence Coalition
Responsible for the leadership, vision and overall operation of the nursery, obstetrics and pediatric departments of the hospital. a nursing department or multiple departments in the hospital.
The incumbent will work with physicians and staff to ensure patient care is delivered in an efficient and effective manner. Helps identify opportunities for improving patient outcomes and helps oversee navigation of patients through their inpatient stay in an efficient manner. Models behaviors congruent with Genesis Mission and Values and promotes consistent adherence to the values within the organization.
1. Plan, directs, coordinates and evaluates overall nursing practice, administrative activities including fiscal material and human resource management for areas of responsibility.
2. Serves on hospital committees and participates in the development and implementation of organizational policies and procedures.
3. Identifies internal and external ways to leverage core business strengths.
4. Financially accountable for aspects of the business utilizing available financial systems and reports and understanding the expense and revenue aspects of the business.
5. Communicates business imperatives, goals and direction in a clear and complete manner.
6. Establishes clear goals and outcomes that drive change process.
7. Coaches and mentors staff.
8. Maintains an environment where all diversity is respected.
9. Holds people to high quality standard.
10. Maintains knowledge of regulatory changes and organization compliance.
11. Maintains highest level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s degree in nursing, health education, management or related field required.
2. Current Ohio RN licensure required.
3. Labor & delivery experience and post-partum experience required.
4. Minimum 3 years of management experience.
5. Knowledge of medical terminology, levels of care, treatment modalities, and the present health care delivery system.
6. Ability to coach employees and promote nursing excellence.
7. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex working environment.
Competitive salary and bonus available
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields