Director of Rehabilitation – PT or OT
Tupper Lake, NY
$100,000 - $120,000 / yr
Director of Rehabilitation –
- Direct Hire.
- Excellent Benefits Package.
- Competitive Salary, based on experience. (100k – 120k)
- Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
- Location: Tupper Lake, NY
- The Director of Rehabilitation Services team member assists with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by supervising rehab department staff in the provision, documentation, and billing of therapy services in compliance with Federal and State Laws, Regulations, and Practice Acts; assists in the hiring, orientation, and training of staff therapists, therapy assistants, and rehabilitation aides; participates in required meetings, in-services, programs, and general orientation; maintains a clinical caseload at a minimum of 35% productivity; attends to clinical, fiscal, and customer service outcomes and action plan underperformance as indicated.
- Screen and provide (as necessary and as ordered by a physician) an in-depth evaluation of each residents’ rehabilitation potential (unless contradicted); makes written recommendations for inter-disciplinary care planning and treatment.
- Inform resident or qualified representative about care and treatment plan and possible outcomes of treatment, or lack of treatment if resident refuses participation in a therapy program.
- Develop a treatment plan and administer treatments in accordance with the physicians’ orders and the rehabilitation goals; maintain required contact with physician.
- Oversee written evaluations, progress notes, care plans and discharge summaries of residents receiving physical therapy according to state, federal and facility policies.
- Review each resident’s status at least quarterly to determine need for revising rehabilitation aspects of care plan.
- Collaborate with other members of the inter-disciplinary health care team to integrate rehabilitation goals into the comprehensive care plan.
- Must have interest in working with the elderly and respect the rights of residents during care and treatment services.
- Licensed Occupational Therapist and Physical Therapist professionally educated in an accredited curriculum with a baccalaureate degree required.
- State specific license to practice required.
- Possession of ability to teach, inspire and motivate others; leadership qualities; ability to organize workload, delegate assignments and promote teamwork required.
- About the area:
Tupper Lake, New York has rolling hills and mountains, fresh air, endless snow-covered forests, sparkling lakes, and a quaint community full of character and flavor. Nature is never very far away, even from downtown. Stroll through town and get fresh donuts or an Adirondack souvenir. A little farther out, amid the beauty of fall, miles of hiking trails offer adventure and scenery. The Tupper Lake Triad hiking challenge is fun and includes a fire tower peak and big views of the Adirondacks year-round. On the water adventures include paddling and the “lure” of fishing. Tupper Lake also boasts some of the darkest skies in the Northeast that are perfect for stargazing. There’s no shortage of restaurant options here, and beer lovers will love Raquette River Brewing. Downtown sidewalks are full of great buys and local flavor.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields