Director of Quality (Aerospace Domain)
Lewis Center, OH
$110,000 - $135,000 / yr
Director of Quality
We are searching for a Director of Quality. This is an onsite position at our facility in Lewis Center, Ohio. This position is responsible for leading and supporting the Quality Department and our Quality Management System across multiple locations and industries. This includes Quality Engineering, Final and In-Process Inspection, and Receiving Inspection and Supplier Quality Management. Our QMS includes compliance and certification to ISO9001, AS9100, NADCAP, ISO13485, MDSAP, as well as customer certifications in the USA, UK, Europe, Canada.
To perform this job successfully, the individual we seek will have an Aerospace industry background, great communication skills, an even-tempered management style, and a desire to drive a multi-industry quality program. These are essential skills because this will be an organizational development project where you can create an optimized and scalable structure.
This leader will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing a team of Quality Engineers, Technicians, and Inspectors for Aerospace & Defense, Dental, Medical, and Industrial business segments. Fundamental thought leadership is needed in that we must be better than basic compliance to truly access the benefits that come with lean manufacturing and a continuous improvement culture.
- Lead the business to a goal exceeding the minimum expectations for compliance to a best-in-class performance and improvement culture.
- Responsible for AT’s Quality Management Systems (QMS) and compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO13485, NADCAP, MDSAP, AS13100 and customer requirements.
- Collaborate with sales, engineering, operations, and business leadership to drive value and eliminate waste through continuous improvement in AT’s processes.
- Lead by example, do the hard things, expect more, and be compassionate and persistent.
- Plan, assign, budget, and facilitate all activities within the quality department ensuring timely execution and conformance of all quality and design requirements.
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices, attend conferences, customer events, and other collegial gatherings that contribute to AT’s ongoing growth.
- Provide final disposition on quality issues.
- Develop and implement a robust training methodology that incorporates both customer and internal requirements.
- Responsible for the collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of quality and inspection metrics for internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the Quality Assurance team to drive AT beyond compliance to a best-in-class quality performance and continuous improvement culture.
- Provide final disposition on quality issues.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to the quality team and AT Act as the company’s primary customer quality assurance point of contact.
- Plans, assigns, budgets, and manages all activities within the quality department ensuring timely execution and conformance of all quality and design requirements.
- Provide training to assure awareness and understanding of company and customer requirements.
- Manage quality management group budgets including certifications, training, etc.
- BS Degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology or equivalent field.
- Minimum of 10 years of Quality Engineering experience in the Aerospace Industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading a Quality Engineering, Inspection, and/or QMS team in the Aerospace Industry.
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of the aerospace quality requirements including AS9100, AS13100, NADCAP, and customer qualification requirements.
- Superior written and verbal communications with customers and all levels of associates in a manufacturing plant.
- Experience with understanding and applying quality processes and procedures in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Ability to create and effectively communicate regulations/standards.
- Ability to manage and execute on multiple critical projects simultaneously.
- Strong ethics to escalate issues in the face of competing company priorities.
- Experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen techniques and a passion for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and exhibit exemplary diplomacy with customers.
- Must be able to work within ITAR related databases.
- Must be able to travel up to 10%.
- 5 years or more of experience with Pratt & Whitney or Rolls-Royce quality systems.
- Experience in super abrasive industry or related products.
- Direct experience overseeing or managing suppliers of Special Processes – ideally wet chemical processes.
- Strong information technology skills especially related to understand and use of ERP systems and Quality Management software.
- Knowledge of international quality standards for medical, dental, and industrial industries.
- Quality or related experience in a medical device quality system (ISO13485).
- Experience working in a multi-industry certification manufacturing company.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields