Director of Procurement and Fleet Management
$1 - $1 / yr
As the Director of Procurement and Fleet Management you will work closely with internal stakeholders and be responsible for managing and developing sourcing strategies for national and global categories such as materials, assets, parts, and services used in the logistics and transportation industry. This position will develop, administer, and evaluate the Category Management Strategy for the enterprise and will be responsible for implementing the strategic sourcing process. Further, the role will be responsible for developing and implementing the procure-to-pay process to ensure there is a governed and streamlined process for the purchase of products and services. Additionally, you will oversee and maintain the organization fleet and be responsible for establishing and administering programs, policies, and procedures to that end, including general and preventive maintenance programs.
- Managing and developing supplier performance, relationships, and agreements for categories, while collaborating with stakeholders to create a competitive advantage for the company.
- Managing cross-functional teams using analysis of historical spend data, market research and cost modeling to identify and leverage high value opportunities that deliver innovative and sustainable value, operational efficiencies, and risk mitigation to the business.
- Interacting with internal business partners to achieve active involvement in procurement and proposal activities.
- Developing procurement roadmaps in support of the company’s objectives
- Developing negotiation strategies for large contracts, work with inside counsel to identify and incorporate appropriate levels of commercial protection and conduct negotiations to achieve the best possible outcome for Colas.
- Leveraging company spend nationally and globally to ensure financial benefit to the company.
- Providing market and opportunity analysis to stakeholders
- Preparing and negotiating contract terms and conditions for agreements
- Analyzing contract documents to determine contractual obligations, preparing recommendations regarding acceptance or modifications.
- Identifying, vetting, and selection of new vendors and services
- Developing schedules and procedures for and ensuring adherence to routine maintenance and non-routine repair of all vehicles in the company s fleet.
- Collaborating with supervisors and staff to manage and reduce expenses such as those for fuel and labor costs.
- Creating a life cycle management program for assets to ensure safety, reliability and maximizing returns.
- Work with finance and operational teams on the best financial approach to lease versus buy decision.
- Develop and implement a fleet management system to provide insights into unit specific maintainability to better assess replacement cycles.
- Drafting and presenting reports on department operations and expenses.
- Preparing and implementing departmental budget.
- Developing and enforcing procedures, policies, and safety protocols for all fleet services staff.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in fleet maintenance or repair with two years in a supervisory role required.
- Strong experience with the procurement process, specifically strategic sourcing or category management greatly desired
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in related field would be a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of supply chain, logistics, chemicals, and life sciences preferred.
- Ability to prepare and adhere to a budget and monitor and reduce expenses.
- Strong internal partner focus with an ability to build effective relationships and establish trust, respect, and confidence.
- Results focused with excellent project and time management skills, willing and able to work to meet given deadlines.
- Travel up to 50% of the time as needed for business.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields