Director of Operations
$1 - $1 / yr
As the Director of Operations, you will oversee a region of business focused on the client’s Warehousing operations. You will have responsibility for assisting and developing the management teams within your assigned locations ensuring the operations team is prepared to support client needs for current and upcoming business demands.
- Assisting Managers and the Sales team with developing pricing for the Line of Business
- Developing people to their highest potential through necessary training and excellent performance management (hiring, scorecards, positive feedback, couching and counseling, and termination)
- Developing, maintaining, and deploying operational business plans for all facilities to meet corporate Safety, Accuracy, Productivity, Profitability goals; personalizes these goals for all Customer Service Center employees.
- Ensuring all facilities have proper storage for each product and on-time delivery to customers.
- Maintaining facility and operational quality standards to ensure a safe warehouse in compliance with corporate goals/policies, showcase guidelines, and compliant with pertinent regulations.
- Ensuring all facilities maintain assets and utilizes them appropriately.
- Ensuring all facilities own value stream to meet customer demands and expectations regardless of functional and departmental boundaries; leads the creation of current and future state plans and implements the plan to get from current to future state; walks and checks the flow of the value stream daily or weekly; makes implementation a priority.
- Ensuring that all processes are properly documented, followed and improved as necessary.
- Maintaining a solid relationship with customers in collaboration with Company Sales Team and ensures all expectations are being met or exceeded, looks for additional opportunities to create new business solutions.
- Working in conjunction with administrative service centers including Human Resources, Accounting, Training, Quality, ESH, IT, and Sales to fulfill requirements and meet organizational objectives throughout the company.
- Maintaining and leverage current client relationships and grow professional network.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service, working directly with the Business Analytics team.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable management experience
- MBA preferred.
- 10 plus years of progressive experience in supply chain management in a warehousing environment, preferably the chemical and/or gas industries
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques, planning, project management and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Warehouse Management Systems, and database systems
- Experience in ISO environment a plus
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, non-disclosure agreements, service agreements real estate, etc.
- Ability to influence C level executives.
- Strong people and project management skills
- Strong detail orientation required.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills as well as an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to successful completion in a challenging environment.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive employee and company information.
- Strong customer focus with an ability to build effective relationships and establish trust, respect, and confidence.
- Results focused with excellent project and time management skills, willing and able to work to meet given deadlines.
- Travel up to 50% of the time as needed for business.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields