Non-profit Foundation Director
New Orleans, LA
Job Title: Director of Foundation
Reports to: Chairman of Board
Direct Reports: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary /Job Purpose
The Director of Foundation is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the Foundation establishing long-range goals, strategies, and plans in the effort to build, promote, and further the awareness and support of the Foundation mission and financial objectives.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Planning, Management, & Growth:
- Serve as the key point person & spokesperson for the Foundation in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Develop a strategic plan to advance the foundation’s mission and objectives to build, promote, and further the awareness and support of cancer research, education and patient programs.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating support and resources for the foundation, including but not limited to grants, fundraising events, etc.
- Establish & maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the community and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the foundations visibility & efforts in achieving our mission & goals. This includes:
- becoming actively involved in networking groups/non-profit business organizations.
- positioning the organization as a key cause marketing partner and beneficiary of funds for other organizations and charity events.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating with the approved budget, ensuring maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Develop & oversee ongoing fundraising strategies and implementation, including sustaining & enhancing a current funding base and identifying new funding sources & non-traditional revenue sources while establishing other creative funding strategies to increase awareness overall.
- Manage the implementation of comprehensive reporting for tracking donor, volunteer, and donation recipient related information.
- Manage and update social media outlets as it pertains to the foundation & the foundation website.
- Manage the implementation of co-operative efforts with the company and its entities through the development of plans to create synergy & foster a culture of passion & generosity for the mission of the foundation.
- Upholds a strong contact & communication line with the Board of Directors for ongoing updates of the condition of the organization.
- Maintain official records and documents to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
Fundraising Events & Execution:
- Develop & manage the events’ campaign from start to finish. This includes event planning, managing the budget, soliciting, acquisition & management of volunteers, vendors, entertainment, meeting sponsorship goals, & post event analysis.
- Plan, develop, and implement the events & sponsorship strategy in line with the organization’s mission & goals.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs, and goals.
- Recruit and manage monetary and in-kind donations.
- Secure event location, supplies, & coordination of vendors, volunteers, & entertainment.
- Identify & cultivate sponsorships through solicitation, networking, & ongoing correspondence.
- Identify and assist in coordinating any PR opportunities with the Marketing Department, and outside PR firms in the production of press, as well as promotional and branding material.
- Attend & work all fundraising events, including the support of coordinating all items before, during, and after each event.
- Provide post event analysis, including budget recap and participant feedback to incorporate learning for future events and activities.
- Manage organization and security of all foundation owned assets.
- Manage outside sponsorship solicitation support members while tracking and maintaining records of their contributions.
Outputs & Person Specifications:
- Experience in strategic planning, managing, & execution of a non-profit organization
- Timely development, planning, and execution of campaigns/events
- Solicitation of sponsorship support and cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Organizational presence via networking (online and in-person attendance to other local fundraising and organizational events), promotional materials, & relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and research skills
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to adapt to change and high attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
Works primarily in a climate-controlled setting. The incumbent will be required to work in a corporate office environment.
Please list all physical requirement, including sitting, standing, climbing, reaching, etc.
Normal corporate office physical requirements of sitting/standing at desk. Physical requirements of onsite/offsite events include standing, lifting items up to 35 lbs., loading and unloading items to and from event site.
Example: Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and repetitive hand, and wrist motion. The incumbent may have to lift items up to 45 lbs.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields