Director, Enterprise Applications
The Director, Enterprise Applications will lead the strategy, direction, implementation, configuration, end user adoption, maintenance, security, compliance, and daily operational support, for internal and/or external-facing enterprise applications. The Director, Enterprise Applications will be expected to obtain business workflow process, along with system knowledge for functional areas, such as accounting, sales, marketing, finance, manufacturing, and others. Interact effectively with stakeholders, grasping both technical and business needs, to proactively adapt technology-based services and processes that support strategic objectives and tactical outcomes.
- Manage multiple application and development teams supporting different products and/or lines of business.
- Develop, support, and implement best practices, procedures, and technology standards.
- Coordinate enhancements, updates, and maintenance to ensure highly reliable and cost-effective operations.
- Drive the project proposal intake process by working closely with key stakeholders and identify viable options to accomplish intended outcomes that meet business needs.
- Maintain applications and update to current versions as needed; act as an advocate for information security; effectively manage compliance requirements.
- Ensure appropriate confidentiality, data integrity, availability, authentication, and access control methods are in place across the application stack.
- Work within IT, cross-functionally, and with vendors to successfully identify, prioritize, and resolve issues; ensure issues and tickets are effectively tracked, managed, and documented.
- Ensure documentation/knowledge base/wiki pages for all process flows, system documentation, business processes, data objects, and database architecture.
- Demonstrated experience executing on organizational vision, strategy, and day-to-day operations.
- Manage a portfolio of concurrent projects, across multiple functional areas of the company.
- Ability to develop and implement a strategic roadmap to build a best-in-class organization.
- Lead, inspire, and motivate teams to accomplish goals effectively and efficiently.
- Background with distributed operations, and experienced capability to understand the complexities of integrating a data driven connected enterprise.
- Demonstrated ERP migration, upgrade, integration, and standardization experience.
- Experience with middleware, reporting, and User Experience (UX)/User Interface (UI) tools and technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge working with SQL queries, automation, and scripting.
- Strong Project Management background as it relates to system implementation experience.
- Drive application resiliency with Incident Management process where P1 & P2 incidents have an effective triage, escalation, remediation, and reporting process.
- Implement Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity Planning (BCP) improvements for failover and resiliency on critical business applications (i.e., ERP, others).
- In partnership with the Chief Information Officer (CIO), manage partner/vendor (3 party) contracts, negotiations, terms & conditions, license entitlement, and SLA adherence across executed agreements.
- Ensure Operating Expenditure (OpEx) & Capital Expenditure (CapEx) operating budgets meet financial goals.
- Bachelor’s degree (technical or business field preferred); Master’s degree, MBA is a plus.
- 15+ plus years of progressively increasing responsibility in IT with an emphasis in enterprise applications; 8+ years of leadership experience, preferably in large enterprise organizations.
- Strong experience with ERP platforms, to include migrations, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Demonstrated expertise with Databases and Business Intelligence (BI) technologies, Experience with data warehouse, analytics, AI, ML, and data mining techniques.
- Extensive business system analysis skill set, and experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
- Demonstrated experience in both Cloud-hosted and on-prem application service delivery models.
- Ability to articulate a vision and roadmap that connects with the corporate strategy, assimilates with cross-functional IT groups, and inspires individuals at all levels of the organization.
- A passion for providing outstanding user experiences for both internal and external customers.
- Prior experience working with ITIL processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30% as needed.
- Business needs dictate that this position requires the presence and ability to work on-site 100%. Therefore, telecommuting, or virtual/remote options will not be available.
- Must have experince in a SOX environment.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields