Data Visualization Developer
Our client’s software solutions empower more than 475 of the most academically complex colleges and universities around the world to develop, publish and schedule cutting edge curriculums propelling student engagement, retention, and successful degree completion. Exciting challenges lie ahead…new development, innovative solutions, and global campus connections. It is an audacious mission the company is dedicated to achieving. We are looking for a Data Visualization Developer in Coralville, Iowa to help achieve this mission!
The Data Visualization Developer is responsible for compiling data and converting it into visual representations. They will analyze trends and provide visual displays of the results. A successful candidate must have a keen design sense, a passion for data and data visualization, and the ability to interact with clients using quality customer service.
What you will be doing…
- Harvest data from different endpoints, databases, APIs and other sources of information.
- Manage how data is processed, transformed and exposed to front-end consumers.
- Maintain an in-depth working knowledge of company software and how it can be configured, customized and analyzed into visually aesthetic reports.
- Manipulate complex, high-dimensional, large-volume data into digestible and actionable reports.
- Provide data visualization solutions to educate and communicate to clients and teammates by applying designed reports of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Design, develop, and maintain reports, dashboards, data analysis and reporting portals with modern visualization tools.
- Create visualizations that allow humans to identify patterns and trends from large, high-dimensional datasets.
- Coordinate and work with other Leepfrog staff to develop the clients’ desired visual data reports.
- Consult with, guide, and educate the business user(s) with the goal of making sure the best solution is created.
- Develop a deep understanding of client needs for their data analysis requirements, make recommendations and potentially implement efficiencies.
- Craft compelling, captivating and fresh visualizations that tell a story with the data.
- Build reusable components that fit together into scalable production applications using front-end architecture and coding skills.
- Work in a highly collaborative approach, manage multiple competing priorities and assignments.
- Explore and research new ways to visualize data collected from clients.
What you will bring…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience with all phases of data analysis, cleansing and staging is a must.
- A strong sense of web UX, with experience building intuitive web interfaces that present data in compelling ways is required.
- Knowledgeable in jQuery, HTML, and CSS is preferred.
- Experience or interest in real-time data, data pipelines, APIs and query languages is desired.
- Demonstrated experience showing high attention to detail and drive for data accuracy is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication: able to clearly convey ideas across a wide range of internal and external audiences in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead, prioritize, and plan.
- Problem-solve in a changing environment: analyze situations quickly and react appropriately with minimal supervision.
- Time Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong work ethic: be a self-starter with strong initiative; be reliable.
- Teamwork: demonstrated ability to interact effectively with others.
Generally, this position is considered sedentary and will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. Work is in a busy, open area office, and will be faced with constant interruptions.
Benefits that go above and beyond…
- Work Your Way –Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Dress for Comfort –Casual dress code that includes jeans and shorts
- Stay Healthy –Robust health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance options
- Care for Your Family –Four weeks of paid leave for new parents
- Save for the Future –401(k) with a company match of up to 4%
- Make Time to Play –Four weeks of accrued paid time off beginning your first year
- Build Your Knowledge –Free training opportunities and tuition reimbursement options
- Enjoy the Café –Onsite barista offering free custom coffees, teas, and healthy snacks
A place where you can be you…
This organization values and celebrates individuality. From flexible work options and casual dress codes to gender-neutral bathrooms and active employee resource groups, Our client offers an inclusive environment where every employee can share their authentic self.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields