Cyber Software Engineer Level 2
Annapolis Junction, MD
$125,000 - $250,000 / yr
Software Engineer Level 2 (potentially leading to Director of Software Engineering)
Clearance Requirements: Active TS/SCI with full-scope polygraph
Responsibilities: the ideal candidate would possess the following:
· Meet requirements and Perform in a full-time W2 role for Software Engineer Level 2 at the Fort Meade location (see below for requirements and skills)
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
· Existing relationships within the software industry within the Central MD Intelligence Community
· Desire to assist in planning and building a Software Engineering practice.
· Ability to recruit, interview, and prepare SWE candidate resumes.
· Leadership, mentoring, and career guidance for Software Engineer employees
· Assist with proposal writing.
Once the Software Practice has reached a certain size, the successful candidate would be considered for positions of increasing responsibility within the company, and could potentially lead to the position of Director of Software Engineering
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Analyse user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any project.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any project.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
Project uses the following Technology Stack
JavaSpring Boot, Spring, Maven, Docker, RESTful Services, XML, JSON, Mongo DB, Kubemetes/ Rancher, Kafka, Python. Amazon S3
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields