The facility is the largest healthcare provider in its six-county region of southeastern Ohio, which includes Muskingum, Morgan, Perry, Coshocton, Noble and Guernsey counties.
Some of the services include open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II special care.
Performs diagnostic CT procedures on assigned patients in an efficient and caring manner in order to provide data for the diagnosis of a wide variety of medical problems. Evaluates exams for diagnostic quality while using professional judgement in the performance of services.
- Operates CT scanner and associated imaging equipment to complete diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Produces acceptable images by determining proper technical factors (protocols, slice thickness and increments, exposure parameters, etc) based on patient diagnosis and reason for exam.
- Assists physicians in CT guided interventional procedures as required.
- Prepares and administers contrast media under the direction of a physician, appropriately utilizing and operating automatic injector for designated studies.
- Follows all radiation protection and radiation safety policies.
- Effectively uses computer systems (such as HIS, RIS, PACS) to process, access and distribute appropriate department and patient procedure information.
- Assists in transportation of patients to and from the department.
- Participates in clinical training of radiology students by providing instruction, supervision and evaluation as required.
- Participates in providing education and information to patients and their families.
- Participates in quality assurance/quality control activities as required.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (or equivalent) in the appropriate specialty (radiography) and licensed by the State of Ohio in Radiology.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in CT or obtain ARRT CT registry within 2 years of hire date.
- Competence in all diagnostic and invasive CT procedures performed at this facility.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of computer software related to electronic imaging and clinical information management.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields