Bowling Green, KY
To accurately maintain standard costs of inventory and support all departments to help minimize purchase price variances, scrap, and inefficiencies.
(This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. Team members will be required to follow any other job related instructions or to perform other job duties requested by their leader)
- Know and understand “Our Client” Quality and Environmental policies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Follows and supports and “Our Client”’s operating principles, including:
- “Our Client” Employee Charter – Operating under its principles by treating all team members equally, fairly and with dignity and respect.
- Abide by “OUR CLIENT” policies and procedures as described in the most current version of the Team Member Handbook.
- Open Door Policy – Solves issues with two-way, open and friendly communication.
- 5S – Maintains and promotes good housekeeping by following the philosophy “Everything has a place. Everything in its place”.
- Safety First – Obey the plant’s safety rules and procedures by wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety concerns. Promotes an environment where zero injuries are the expected standard.
- Promote MAFACT benchmarks to achieve World Class Manufacturing.
- Core values – Treat all team members equally, fairly, with dignity and respect without favoritism in accordance with company values.
- Attend and participate in Team, Department, Plant-wide and any other meetings as required.
- Conduct all activities in a professional manner and positive attitude with an emphasis on personal responsibility.
- Maintain the standard cost system to generate accurate product costs/inventory values and meaningful variance analysis. Understand the reason for the cost change, and obtain authorization for cost changes
- Identify, analyze and forecast material costs that are not included in the standard cost
- Maintain the material cost amounts in our customer quoted piece price vs actual material costs and accrue for customer exposure adjustments
- Assist in supporting and understanding material cycle counts and production physical inventory activities
- Track and explain all plant scrap costs including issuing monthly scrap share invoices to our vendors
- Make recommendations and be involved in an ongoing continuous improvement process, and assist others on improvement ideas as required
- Report monthly cost of poor quality
- Assist in the preparation of the annual business plan, quarterly forecasts and monthly forecasts
- Assist in the completion of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations and the year-end audit file
- Satisfy all Sarbanes-Oxley documented finance process requirements for the position
- Assist Finance Dept. when other finance team members are out of the office
- Perform other duties as required
These qualifications represent the minimum requirements of the position. Team members will be required to possess the ability and aptitudes to perform the duties proficiently.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Associated and 4-6 equivalent experience in Accounting
- Minimum 4-6 years general accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Minimum of 4 year experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Operate standard office equipment preferred
- Experience with integrated financial/manufacturing software packages, SAP preferred.
- Ability to manage departmental projects/programs to meet “OUR CLIENT” needs
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Good working knowledge of a standard cost system, preferably in the automotive industry
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Office and General factory environment
- Able to be flexible in hours of work on short notice in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
- Possible Shift Work
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, and occasional bending and stooping.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields