The Converting Supervisor will manage plant employees to meet manufacturing and production schedules. You will also provide overall direction to production floor employees, including production, scheduling, performance management, training and other related areas, striving to improve overall operational efficiencies during the designated shift. This role is responsible for coordinating production operations and maintaining effective quality procedures and safety regulations for the facility.
How you will impact:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the shift with constant emphasis on safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Acts as first point of contact for operators regarding mechanical failure or production issues.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and enforce control procedures, recommending improvements to the Plant Superintendent, as appropriate.
- Coordinates production activities with other departments to ensure production goals/objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Monitor production activities to eliminate waste and ensure adherence to production and shipping schedules.
- Input production data accurately into system to measure and monitor KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) around efficiencies, downtime, inventory and overall production.
- Provide recommendations to improve safety, environmental and health of the entire facility.
- Produce daily reports on daily shift production and daily shift review to assess if daily goals are met.
- Control load factors and workflow to ensure maximum use of available capacity and effective use of labor, tools and equipment.
- Manage and coach employees, providing performance reviews and enforcing disciplinary actions.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training employees, and developing individual growth opportunities.
- Directs maintenance employees to troubleshoot mechanical problems and perform preventative maintenance.
- Enforce adherence to plant safety regulations and encourage employees to become safety conscious
- Ensure daily that plant personnel follow all company standards and meet all customer commitments.
- Provides people with tools, knowledge, and opportunities to develop themselves; determines employees’ training needs, works with employees to produce continuous development plans, and provides regular feedback and coaching to help employees develop in current and future roles; visibly supports culture and teams
- Plans, arranges and/or monitors work to ensure achievement of desired results; establishes a systematic course of action to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrates agility, flexibility, and a willingness to modify one’s approach to achieve desired results; responds quickly to changing demands, processes, and updated information
- Create and deliver engaging presentations to internal and external audiences; develops new communication strategies and approaches to communicate data, insights, and critical messages resulting in clear understanding
- Proactively assesses and effectively resolves customer issues quickly; proactively communicates with customers to ensure alignment and satisfaction; ensures that quality improvements meet the needs and expectations of a diverse customer base; consistently operates with customers’ best interests in mind.
- Develops short and long-term courses of action that support the organization’s overall vision and mission; balances business, technical, and operational issues when determining a strategy; identifies problems with current strategies and suggests ways to resolve them; incorporates knowledge of company’s goals/strategy as well as competitive, customer, supplier, industry, or marketplace trends into strategic plans; capitalizes on opportunities and manages risks.
- Plans, designs, and manages processes while focusing on refining and improving to increase efficiency and effectiveness; understands process inputs, activities, outputs, roles, and sequencing.
What you need to succeed:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. with equivalent experience – Required
- Bachelor’s degree (Business Management, Engineering or Operations Management – Preferred
- 3+ years of converting supervisory experience in a packaging manufacturing environment – Required.
- Previous experience working in a Lean environment; Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
- Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with match, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, employee referral bonus, and much more!
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields