Long Island, NY, NY
JOB TITLE: Corporate Paralegal
FACILITY LOCATION: Long Island, NY
REPORTS TO: Assistant General Counsel
A very well known Manufacturing/Consumer Goods company located in Long Island, NY have a need for a Corporate Paralegal to join their legal team.
- 3 tiers of Medical Insurance to choose from (Cigna)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(K) Plan – 50% employer match
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits (NY and NJ only)
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Specified Disease and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- LegalEASE Legal assistance program
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- On-site chiropractor
- Fitness Center with included classes
- Wellness Program
The Corporate Paralegal will work within the legal department and support in-house counsel and collaborate with businesspeople throughout the Company. The Legal Department handles a wide range of legal matters for the Company, including, but not limited to, legal compliance, contract (domestic and international) review and edits, real estate leases, employment matters, class actions, trademarks, and general litigation. The Paralegal will further enhance Legal Department effectiveness by developing and organizing file information, tracking deadlines, and providing overall administrative support to attorneys and overall Legal Department.
- Maintain matter organization by establishing and categorizing files, maintaining calendars, tracking meeting deadlines, documenting actions, inputting information into file database and case management platform.
- Provide administrative support to attorneys and enhance department efficiency.
- Communicate with outside consultants to navigate, facilitate, and monitor complex compliance matters.
- Handle communication with internal departments and outside counsel
- Administratively support organization of trials, mediations, arbitrations, and other Court proceedings.
- Prepare discovery responses and review testimony for pertinent information.
- Conduct investigations and research.
- Locate, develop, and file relevant case information.
- Monitor and track tasks that are performed on a semi-regular basis (monthly, quarterly, and annually).
- Prepare and file basic legal documents, correspondence, lease memos, timelines and share related documents.
- Answer and direct calls.
- Maintain contract lists and calendars.
- Monitor deadlines.
- Prepare requested edits to contracts, letters, and other outgoing legal documents.
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed, or required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Paralegal certification preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years paralegal experience.
- Familiarity with the law, legal procedures and protocols and court system.
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office.
- Computer proficiency- advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proficiency in English and grammar.
- Working knowledge of case management software.
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure for time sensitive matters.
- Ability to monitor projects to easily track status and actions necessary to complete.
- Knowledge of legal compliance as it relates to local, state, and federal regulations, experience with alcohol regulation a plus.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields