Copywriter – Hybrid Position
Baton Rouge, LA
As Copywriter, you will be an integral part of the team, creating our messaging and content development efforts. This is a hybrid position. It can be based in either Baton Rouge, LA or Atlanta, GA. In this hybrid role, the Copywriter will work 2 days onsite (Tuesday/Thursday) and other days will be remote.
In this position, you will be responsible for writing for a variety of client accounts, participate in brainstorming sessions, working with Brand Managers to write rationales in support of your work, reviewing and editing the work of other copywriters and staying up to date on copywriting trends, principles, tools and techniques in order to provide the best work for our clients.
You will collaborate with clients and internal teams to bring their voices, stories, and concepts to life. In this role, you’ll work in a multidisciplinary team and play a role in the copywriting process from the brand essence and tagline to content outlines and ad headlines in order to communicate the overall concept to the client. You’ll routinely work on a diverse portfolio of projects. You should be adept at blending the brand narrative and marketing strategy to tell powerful stories that guide the reader toward a desired objective.
What you will do:
- You will routinely write for a variety of mediums including web, video, print and digital collateral, branding, advertising, packaging, social media and websites.
- Develop a brand’s manifesto through a brand essence that will guide all future creative.
- Define the brand’s language, voice and tone in their brand guidelines.
- Work with designers to create rich, textured ads that showcase the creative concept.
- Learn about and stay up to date on writing trends, principles and techniques.
- Utilize principles of user experience design and storytelling to create educated and rational copywriting decisions.
- Be able to defend your copy decisions with a user-first rationale.
- Learn and understand the principles of user focused copywriting.
- Research and understand the client’s industry, competition, history, goals and objectives and make thoughtful copywriting decisions relevant to that information.
- Contribute to marketing strategies from a copywriting and content perspective.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with other team members in order to quickly determine strategy and direction for a client.
- Offer input to co-workers in a constructive, encouraging way.
- Be part of a positive environment where all team members thrive.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, english, communications, or related discipline
- Minimum 4+ years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Exceptional writing and research skill
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Proficiency in Google Workplace, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields