The Converting Supervisor will manage the safe and efficient operation of production in a corrugated
container facility to meet manufacturing and production schedules, communicate performance
expectations to employees, monitor production demands, and supervise machine productivity and
How you will impact:
• Ensure compliance with company safety policies, safe work practices, and plant policies
• Monitor and track production daily goals for the Converting machines utilizing Key Performance
Indicators (KPIs) and report results on the plant scorecard
• Report all overruns, shortages, equipment breakdowns and tooling issues on the daily shift
report to exchange information with all departments in the plant
• Supervise daily production activities, including oversight of team members, and monitor
performance levels of each team member
• Monitor and participate in Daily Management Systems (DMS) to track progress against
production goals and enable performance excellence
• Oversee production demands and machine workloads throughout the day
• Sustain productivity levels by properly staffing machines and equipment to meet customer
demands and align any last-minute scheduling changes
• Troubleshoot machines issues and quality defects that may arise throughout the shift
• Ensure proper operations of equipment by requesting maintenance repairs and/or submitting
maintenance work orders
• Develop, analyze and review a variety of operational reports across the functions to improve
quality, efficiency, cycle times, and volumes, and implement operational changes
• Manage workforce planning, including fulfillment of work schedules and adherence to
attendance policies (vacations, floating days, call ins, etc.)
• Communicate effectively with all functional areas of the plant to ensure all production needs
are successfully achieved.
• Maintain a positive relationship with the Union to align business needs and requirements
• Promote positive employee relations and interdepartmental communication and collaboration
• Provide recommendations on disciplinary action and recommend potential improvements, as
What you need to succeed:
• High School diploma or G.E.D. – Required
• 3+ years of supervisory or 5 years of team lead experience in a packaging operations
facility – Required
• Converting Equipment Experience – Labelers, Rotary Die Cutter, Flatbed Die Cutter, Flexo
Folder Gluer, Folder Gluer
• Excellent communication and listening skills.
• Proven track record of effective problem-solving.
• Ability to embrace continuous improvement.
• Strong collaboration and teaming skills with stakeholders across functions.
• Ability to coach and train employees.
• Ability to be an on-shift resource for troubleshooting problems in the process as well as
• Ability to make independent, effective decisions and be a self-directed team player.
• Flexibility to work multiple shifts.
• Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
• Misc Software – AS/400, Kiwi, Factory Floor Feedback software.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
• Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with match and more!
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are
business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields