Controls Engineer – Work Remote
Work Remote, IL
$90,000 - $120,000 / yr
Work Remote – Controls Engineer (job description)
We have partnered with an Industry Leading Tier 1 Auto Supplier to lead a search for a Traveling Controls Project Engineer. This position can work remotely and travel to their 6 North American Plants as required. Up to 50% travel required.
- Strong PLC Programming and Controls Engineer Background
The Traveling Controls Engineer develops and maintains company equipment technology, develops and maintains equipment standards and specifications. The Project Engineer also carries out special projects as requested by the plants and other departments. This position is based at our Chicago IL area headquarters. We are open to candidates residing near one of our plants in Somerset, KY or Valparaiso IN , Cincinnati OH, Detroit MI or Jackson TN.
- Develops equipment standards and specifications.
- Develops and maintains best practices on equipment, partnering with our mother companies.
- Develops new equipment sources as needed to improve performance and reduce costs.
- Proactively investigates latest technologies and processes available on the market and used by our main competitors.
- Develops and maintains skills and expertise of the Controls Engineering team.
- Responsible for carrying out projects at all company facilities.
- Work with each facility to organize, justify and appropriate the funding for each project.
- Carry out all projects once they are approved.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in electrical or mechanical engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- Four plus years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications–Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must possess a high level of technical ability.
- PLC Programming experience preferred (Allen Bradley), Rockwell Software RS Logix 500, 5000, RSView Studio
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in problem-solving
- Proficiency in both written and oral communication of technical information
- Proficiency and experience in managing multiple projects
- Ability to participate in / lead cross functional groups
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints
- Experience with Machine Automation in a manufacturing environment
- Robotic programming FANUC preferred
- Experience with Servo drives, and HMI integration needed
- Automotive industry experience and PE certification is a plus
- Up to 50% travel
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields