Our client, in Wentzville, MO is seeking a Controls Engineer.
The Controls Engineer is responsible for creating, documenting, developing, supporting and improving upon the control systems that are essential to the Piston Group production processes. Involvement will range from initial project sourcing all the way through SOP +90 days, or as required for corporate employees or launch through EOP plant employees. Both may be required to support implementation of engineering changes for current production products.
Our client wasn’t just founded to make things. It was founded to make things better. And that begins with building better teams solely dedicated to achieving excellence at every level of execution through a combination of experience, expertise, and a deep seeded passion for what we do. Our assemblies consistently set the standard because our people consistently raise the bar.
Why Our client?
Competitive Wages, Paid Holidays & Vacation, Medical & Rx Plans, Dental & Vision Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Life & Disability Coverage, 401K with Company Match, Tuition Reimbursement , Vehicle and Product Discounts
- Responsible for programming torque control systems and joint development. Selection of error and mistake proofing devices.
- Provide controls guidance in equipment selection, overall operations and future expansion. Integrating and networking PC’s and PLC’s (TCP/IP, EthernetIP)
- Analyze and calculate machine performance and requirements utilizing the PLC.
- Participates in the development of RFQ’s and equipment specifications for capital and tooling requirements.
- Responsible for transferring all equipment and process documentation to the Production Plant prior to SOP. This includes all OEM Equipment Documentation (electronic and hard copies of Manuals, BOM, Drawings, recommended spare parts and recommended PM’s) process requirements, capital / tooling investments and direct / indirect labor.
- Main interface with automation and capital equipment vendors for control solutions.
- Drive lean concepts (5S, OEE, Kanban, Visual Factory, TPM etc.) throughout the organization.
- Implement process improvements to improve overall efficiencies, including automation.
- Supports the APQP activities assigned through the Program Management group.
- Creates all controls related communication internally and externally, including technical presentation, design reviews, capacity analysis, and feasibility studies.
- Collaborates with Purchasing in evaluation of new suppliers, products and technologies to help maintain a competitive edge in the industry. Provide guidance in equipment and capital selection to the Purchasing Dept.
- Responsible for problem solving and resolution of issues at all sites as directed / or required.
- Corporate employees must be able to travel as required to support new launch, engineering change or production related activities (typically no more than 1-2 weeks at a time / estimated 6-12 weeks annually)
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Instrumentation, Robotics, Computer Programming or a related field
Experience as a Controls Engineer or a related role
Experience with Robotic programming and controls
Experience of PLC programming (Allen Bradley Micro Logic, SLC 500’s, ControlLogix 5000 processors) for Manual Assembly Cells, Automated Assembly Cells and Power & Free conveyor systems.
Experience working with the following: AutoCAD, RSLogix 5000, RSLogix 500, RS View, ex., Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Power Point.
Experience in HMI programming (AB PanelView and PanelView Plus)
Experience with JIT, SPD, ILVS and Batch manufacturing systems. Including broadcast analysis from customer trigger through customer installation.
Experience working with assembly requirements for all Automotive Component Systems; Body, Trim, Chassis, Powertrain, Interior and Electrical Systems.
Experience working with manual and automated assembly systems and technologies, including both mechanical and control systems.
Experience working with Industrial Safety Standards and requirements.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields