$105,000 - $120,000 / yr
Job summary of the Controls Engineer:
- Evaluate and troubleshoot facility and manufacturing control systems consisting of PLCs, AC and DC drives, computer controls, and HMI interfaces as well as traditional contactor type controls and process instrumentation.
- Design and implement improvements to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve reliability of existing plant and manufacturing control systems and equipment.
- Design control systems and prepare drawings, specifications, and scopes of work.
- Write new or modify existing PLC programs and make system hardware recommendations to resolve operation problems, improve processes, and implement new project designs to support factory initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Document and maintain revisions to existing automated systems and maintain appropriate PLC and computer software/hardware information.
- Interface with ITD and upper level computer system personnel to ensure proper application of computer controls and database instructions.
- Provide electrical engineering, hardware design, systems integration, PLC programming, motion programming, HMI configuration, component specification, project management, and start-up and commissioning of capital projects.
- Support and assist Maintenance personnel in troubleshooting, testing, modifying, and installing electrical equipment and control systems.
- Support and participate in implementation of and improvements to Manufacturing Execution System
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or appropriate major required
- Minimum of 4+ years experience in controls engineering
- Advanced knowledge and skill in programming with Rockwell Automation Software including ControlLogix/RSLogix 5000, SLC 500/RSLogix 500, EtherNet/IP Design and Configuration, RS View and PanelView and PanelBuilder 32.
- Experience with integration of ABB and Fanuc Robotics Automation Systems preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of automated material conveyance systems utilizing VFD’s, PLC’s, and motion control components.
- Must show a strong aptitude with computers and learning new systems.
- Familiarity and skill in utilizing Allen Bradley hardware and electronic components.
- Experience with implementation of Manufacturing Execution System preferred
- Mastery of MS Office products with strong Windows skills preferred.
- Manage multiple projects with the flexibility of adapting to changing priorities.
- Must have demonstrated leadership, strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills.
- Must be willing to work independently.
- Must be effective and comfortable in team oriented environment.
Salary Range: $105,000-120,000/year, based on experience
Location: Louisville, KY
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: None
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields