Las Vegas, NV
The Controls Engineer II is responsible for the advanced support of all phases of a controls project to include concept and research, estimating support, component selection, network design, panel design, layout, device troubleshooting, PLC and HMI programming; on-site installation and debug; and after-sales support while working with minimal supervision. A successful Controls Engineer II has an advanced level of knowledge and understanding of commonly used controls engineering concepts, PLC programming and practices with an ability to lead/mentor entry level Controls Engineers as well as a willingness to attend training to further build their knowledge and abilities to advance to the next level.
- Understand AC/DC control systems with the ability to read component cut sheets.
- Able to use computer software for design engineering and PLC programing.
- Capable of trouble shooting a system and communicate status – verbally and written.
- Assist and support the process for designing and delivering successful control.
- Designing and developing layouts for electrical circuits or systems for power and control distribution.
- Support the Systems Checklist for projects during field installation and startup.
- Ability to develop electrical diagrams with varying levels of efficiency while being able to locate and correct mistakes found in electrical diagrams by themselves and others.
- Ability to take the controls lead on project teams.
- Capable of creating functional system test plans for use in field commissioning and ability to contribute written descriptions of system operations for technical documents.
- Communicate with other team members effectively and keep Administrative Coordinator advised of schedule; checking and using voicemail and email diligently; and maintaining the team relationship.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Office setting and field locations.
- Collaborative, engaging and success driven culture
- Travel up to 50%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Repetitive typing/data entry
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Drug screen + Fit-to-work physical
WORK SCHEDULE: This position offers a flexible work schedule. General office hours are M-F, 7a-4p or 8a-5p. Working hours will vary when working at a job site to meet the requirements as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced proficiency in several programming languages and control device networks for PLCs.
- Ability to read and understand written specifications, as well as contract drawings and be capable of developing a complete design that meets these requirements within the electrical design standards and quotation presented for a project. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures with controls, material handling, water and wastewater systems and manufacturing.
- Demonstrates effective organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities, has an acute attention to detail, the ability to receive direction and be a high-energy team player with the ability to work independently, as well as in a group environment.
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Self-starting instincts and strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Willingness to travel to customer facilities as needed and work non-business hours based on project and customer needs.
- Experience Required:
- PLC programming, debugging and commissioning
- Plan/hardware design
- AutoCAD (AutoCAD E desired)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of electrical equipment and local building codes such as UL508a, NEC and NFPA
- Experience Preferred:
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical capabilities
- Material Handling
- Understanding VFDs, Servos, sensors and Vision Systems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering – preferably EE, EET or CECS, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years in the field or related area.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance as needed
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields