Controls Engineer II
$90,000 - $130,000 / yr
Our client is a large manufacturer of food products with multiple facilities across North America and Europe. They are seeking a Control Engineer II who will be responsible for maintaining existing instrumentation and control systems and designing/implementing new instrumentation and control systems to support plant production, quality, GMP, and safety goals.
- Design and supports both control and manufacturing execution systems.
- Support companywide infrastructure for existing systems and serve as a high-level resource for operating systems and applications for manufacturing processes.
- Conduct automation feasibility studies for practicality and potential return on investment.
- Prepare and submit the controls design and implementation phase of projects.
- Develop logic and algorithms for both discrete and analog control of processes.
- Develop HMI applications to meet the needs of operations and production managers.
- Assure the integrity of controls and information systems through security and redundant system backups.
- Provide operation, maintenance, and technical support/training to production and maintenance personnel.
- Maintain the health of Process Control Domain Infrastructure and existing Manufacturing Information Systems.
- Effectively manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effectively lead internal project team efforts and site activities of contractors on assigned projects
3+ years of controls and instrumentation experience
Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
Demonstrated knowledge of one or more of the following: Wonderware System Platform & InTouch, Allen Bradley PLC systems (PLC5, SLC500, and ControlLogix) and associated I/O systems, Allen Bradley VFDs / Soft Starters / Servos, Allen Bradley Centerline MCCs, process instrumentation (analog valves & transmitters).
Microsoft Windows and Server operating systems.
Strong project and time management skills and demonstrated ability to complete projects in a timely manner within budget.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college/university.
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields