Enjoy working for one of the area’s top places to work! Enjoy flexibility and typically no weekend work and NO TRAVEL!
Our client prides themselves on their family oriented work ethic. They are growing their automation division and are adding skilled automation and manufacturing engineer with a significant understanding of the latest manufacturing technologies.
In this position you will help lead the design, coordination, and implementation of the future factory. Work packages will contain researching new technologies, writing SOR’s (Statement of Requirements), and implementing future factory equipment. This position must have a background in automation, vision systems, robotics, and conveyance. Must have excellent writing, math, computer, and analytical skills with the ability to perform tasks with little or no supervision. This is an exempt position.
- BS or AS degree in engineering is preferred
- Automation/Controls Engineering background
- Project management experience
- Experience with PLCs and robotics, programming is preferred
- Experience with implementing equipment in a plant
- Well versed in ladder logic
- Understanding of how HMI communicates with PLCs.
Research & Development
- Stays on the forefront of the latest manufacturing technologies – both turnkey and custom
- Works with newly acquired technology to understand capability for future deployment
- Collaborates and shares with advanced manufacturing engineering team
- Develops robotic solutions, visions systems, and sensing technology for manufacturing processes
- Collaborates with outside vendors and internal automation lab on work packages
- Trials new technology in the automation lab for future use and understanding
- Trials ways to leverage manufacturing data towards I4.0 applications
- Leads the creation of SOR’s for selected Future Factory equipment and/or Mfg. Cells
- Leads in design, creation, and implementation of Future Factory equipment and technology
- Project manages new technology improvements into the stamping, welding, and fabrication departments.
- Collaborates with maintenance, quality, and other resident manufacturing engineers on assigned work packages
Prepares all areas of the business for the implementation and sustainability of Future Factory equipment
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields