Bowling Green, KY
The Controls Engineer is responsible for providing controls engineering support to the manufacturing teams, which includes Value Stream Leaders, Engineering team members, and Maintenance team members, in order to define corrective actions and investigate for continuous improvement efforts. The Controls Engineer will assist with and/or lead Kaizen initiatives per the World Class Manufacturing model. Work with and support all plant operations in World Class Manufacturing initiatives.
- Develops and implements activities to reduce machine downtime while increasing process efficiency.
- Researches, designs, and develops controls systems for industrial use utilizing knowledge in control engineering.
- Provides design and technical support of PLC based hardware and control systems in a production environment (including Siemens and Allen Bradley).
- Manages Capital projects from conception to installation as directed by the Engineering Management team while following OSHA, EPA and local Building Code regulations.
- Identifies safety concerns while repairing, maintaining and calibrating automated assembly lines.
- Maintains controls and equipment in a professional manner.
- Understands and maintains all instrumentation systems required in the assembly processes while working in a team environment.
- Develops and maintains calibration systems and records in accordance with Quality and Safety Systems.
- Interfaces with outside Machine / Control Vendors for the purpose of troubleshooting and redefining processes.
- Communicates effectively with Design, Product, and Quality Departments at the corporate level.
- Develops Electrical and Mechanical Documentation for equipment.
- Develops and implements operator work instructions.
- Ensures compliance with the plant policies and procedures including requirements for TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
– Requires a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent technical field.
– Requires at least 3 years of engineering experience in a fast paced, continuous improvement, production environment.
– Requires experience with control systems design, specification, documentation, programming, troubleshooting, testing, and installation for automations and manufacturing equipment.
– Requires experience using software driven controls: Programmable Logic Controllers, Allen Bradley SLC, Siemens Step 7, and RS Logix 5000 Operator interfaces, Fanuc Robot, MES Systems (iGear, Ignition), process control systems including temperature, position, torque, and force control.
– Knowledge of control and safety standards, NEC and local codes, servo systems, PC, PLC, and HMI programming is required.
– Must be able to interpret and modify electrical and mechanical schematics.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required. Statistical evaluation software familiarity a plus.
– Strong Problem solving skills required.
– Strong Written and Oral communications skills are required.
– Ability to handle multiple priorities is required.
– Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques with emphasis on Standardized Work, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and JIT principles is required.
– Must be able to work any shift and overtime.
– Greenbelt Certification preferred.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields