$80,000 - $105,000 / yr
Major established, expanding, and brand name company with a good working culture has an opportunity for a Controls Engineer at their large manufacturing site on the south suburban side of the Atlanta metro. There is 5% bonus potential, 2% profit sharing, and relocation assistance associated with this position.
- Researches and develops control system concepts to meet given specifications of performance, cost, and suitability.
- Designs, builds, and develops control systems to meet assigned specifications or demonstrate manufacturing feasibility.
- Plan and implement modifications to plant system wiring and electrical control systems including component and material specification to include identifying job materials and filling out purchase requests.
- Experienced with Programmable Logic Controllers (Allen-Bradley and others) including ability to interpret ladder logic and make program changes.
- Use working knowledge of mechanical/electrical principles/concepts to make design improvements. Read complex electrical schematics and diagrams for electrical distribution systems, machine controls and plant support systems.
- Read, analyze and interpret technical manuals, procedures, diagrams, blueprints, schematics for electrical distribution systems, machine controls and plant support systems.Updates all affected documentation.
- This role will lead automation and process improvement projects.
- The key objective of the role is to provide hands-on technical leadership to our multiple manufacturing shops in the area of process controls and automation.
- Supports preparation, installation, and maintenance of current and future automation projects. This includes understanding and abiding all safety practices, working with operations to provide input with quote preparation, and helping to prepare capital project requests.
- The controls engineer will be the subject matter expert in PLCs, AC/DC drives, servo motors and other electrical and electronic devices, systems and networks
- Design system structures, automation units and automated robotic cell layouts to continuously improve OEE.
- The controls engineer must have experience in designing, implementing, and optimizing control loops, control strategies and will design, troubleshoot and optimize existing controls and processes.
- Commissions new production equipment and controls and processes, monitors modifications and upgrades, and assists in troubleshooting existing processes.
- Where appropriate, select and supervise external contractors and consultants to ensure they meet the requirements for function, cost, timing, and quality.
- Provides input into the maintenance management system for all controls and electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Electrical, Mechnical, Industrial, Mechatronics,etc)
- Controls engineering & systems integration experience
- Technical leadership & Project Management experience
- PLC, HMI, VFD and SCADA programming, design, implementation
- Familiar with Rockwell/Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, Siemens, etc
- AutoCAD knowledge a plus
- Ethernet networking and architecture
- Instrumentation and controls design
- Limited travel (under 10%)
- Personel interaction skills and ability to work within a team are a must
- Working knowledge of electrical codes and regulations (OSHA, NEC, NFPA)
- At least 4 years of controls engineering experience is needed
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields