Controls and Automation Engineer
Jefferson City, TN
Controls & Automation Engineer
- PLC logic programs for use in boilers and burners.
- Design electrical circuits and review existing circuits for all product lines, which includes industrial boilers, electrode, and electric boilers.
- Prepare schematic wiring diagrams using the latest AutoCAD software.
- Select components to meet the customer specifications and code requirements.
- Assure compliance of products with applicable (NEC, NFPA, UL, CSA) codes.
- Check with shop assemblers to confirm that they fabricate units as designed and that the design is practical (controls are accessible and are safely located, etc.).
- Maintain UL files and records for listed products.
- Assist customers and service technicians with troubleshooting of circuits and PLC logic. This may occur over the phone, in production test, or in the field.
- Write technical documents and descriptions of the operation of electrical circuits and PLC logic. These include electrical system descriptions and operating instructions to be used in instruction manuals provided to customers.
- Assist other departments such as marketing in developing new products or options, service by answering inquiries, purchasing by approving alternate sources or deviations, manufacturing by helping to improve process, reduce scrap, and improve productivity.
- Some travel may be required (approximately 10%) at customer sites, to assist in the field requiring electrical troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical background.
- 2+ years of experience with PLC programming; Siemens and Allen-Bradley.
- 5+ years of electrical engineering experience.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Ability to read all applicable drawings, including mechanical, electrical and instrumentation.
- Must have expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, MS Project, Access, etc.
- Proficient with AUTOCAD for creating and editing drawings.
Experience with Solid Works a plus
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields