$155,000 - $170,000 / yr
The company is looking for an experienced Accounting Controller in Rogers, Arkansas. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, and 8+ years of relevant experience including month end close, audit, financial reporting, and leadership experience.
This position will be working in an office. There are no remote or hybrid opportunities and the company will not consider it at this time.
Purpose of Role:
Ensure all accounting and financial functions operate effectively and efficiently. Establish and implement financial policies, perform financial risk assessments. Ensure tax compliance. Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. Provide leadership in the annual audit process.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
· Collaborate with the CFO to develop annual and strategic goals for the finance and accounting functions. Oversee the monthly and annual close process.
· Manage the annual budgeting process, analyze previous years’ expenses and budget performance, and work with functional leaders to develop thoughtful input.
· Assist the CFO with short and long-term cash planning. Develop financial forecasts and cash projections in conjunction with other business leaders.
· Develop and recommend policies and procedures to govern financial activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and credit. Ensure accounting practices comply with professional standards and business priorities.
· Prepare for annual financial audit and work with auditors in advance to establish parameters of the audit and coordinate schedules to facilitate a timely close to the fiscal year. Prepare necessary records, reports, schedules, and documents which detail inventory, earnings, accounts payable, payroll expenses, cost component analyses and related financial and operational data. Ensure all audit issues are investigated, resolved, and remediated where appropriate.
· Provide guidance to internal metrics, costing standards, and financial analysis. Develop reporting capabilities to understand cost and margin by product line and customer.
· Work with external auditors to assist in the preparation of state and federal tax returns. Support Payroll and 401(k) administrative controls.
· Analyze expense trends/fluctuations; detail budget variances; and collaborate with functional leaders on expense control activities.
· Provide leadership oversite to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and fixed asset accounting functions. Work with the Accounting team to ensure daily operations are efficient and effective.
· Ensure business practices provide the necessary level of internal control.
· Guide the Credit function to ensure effective policies and procedures are followed and minimize the company’s bad debt exposure and investment in accounts receivable.
· ERP System: Develop deep expertise Oracle NetSuite ERP software. Drive standards and educate others to help optimize the utility of the system. Ensure best practices and standards are documented.
· Perform other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This document provides guidance and is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person in this role.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. MBA a plus. CPA certification(s) preferred.
· Experience: 8+ years with a minimum of 5 years in a finance leadership role for a manufacturing business
· Excellent analytical skills with an eye for details and accuracy
· Excellent change leadership and communication skills.
· Skilled in managing projects, timelines, and budgets.
· Tech Savvy with a deep understanding of ERP systems.
· Strong computer skills, MS OFFICE required and NetSuite preferred.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields