Outstanding opportunity for a Controller with Oracle Cloud software experience to help take this company into the future with its variety of successful brands. Onsite in Plano.
This is a highly successful company with revenues in the $120-130mm range. The vision of the company is in acquisition of companies, moving to more specialty product brands.
Why might you love working here?
- Be a key player in a growing organization; and be instrumental in optimizing growth.
- Gain skills overseeing accounting for a multi-company entity.
- Opportunity for growth within the company in the future.
- Feel supported, both financially, with tools needed, and from management and executives.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience as a Controller overseeing 5+ people. The position has 6 accounting/finance department reports.
- Able to help drive change for a successful future, in an exciting time for this company.
- Strong leadership skills with prior hands-on experience of the operational elements of the controller role; also, being able to step back and understand broader business considerations and strategic considerations.
- Experience with Oracle Financials software (they have Oracle cloud), Oracle Reports, report writing, (being a whiz at getting valuable data from the system to make business decisions) Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work on site in Plano, TX. Hiring company provides some flexibility but this is mostly onsite
· Some possible travel to Nevada, MI, CA, or other locations as needed. This is not a frequent travel job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or closely related financial degree.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in Financial Accounting, 3 years team leadership experience.
- CPA experience preferred but not required. With enough years of experience, this is flexible also.
In this role, you will work directly with the CFO and other executives for the organization, helping drive change and integrate newly acquired companies. Lead six others in delivering a high level of service while overseeing the financials for the organization. The team handles day to day functions and managing expenditures, while working to continually streamline accounting and financial operations, and serve as a financial steward for the organization.
How can you help?
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the financial affairs of the organization under the direction of the President and CFO.
- Utilize your heavy Oracle software reporting experience to analyze data and help drive informed decisions for the company.
- Develop / produce monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements and annual budgets, and review with the executive team.
- Benchmark the Company’s monthly closing process and maximize efficiencies to shorten cycle time with reliable results
- Instill strong Controllership and compliance with US GAAP and IFRS requirements, be the key liaison with external auditors
- Work effectively across all functions to ensure compliance with the entity’s Delegation of Authority
- Demonstrate effective communication skills by keeping the CFO fully informed on relevant matters
- Lead and manage the six accounting department reports, mentoring them for success.
- Work with Corporate Accounting team to document key transactions for use In (1) improving processes and efficiency and (2) continuous training and development
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields