Control Systems Engineer
Bedford Park, IL
$0 - $0 / yr
If you are interested in making life better, we are all IN to learn more about you! A bit about what you can expect from the employee experience:
The chance to make a difference
No matter where you work in the company, you’ll have an opportunity to make life better… for our colleagues, customers, communities, and the world.
Passionate people, motivated to excel
Our highly talented people have a passion for learning and achievement and are driven by our inspiring purpose to make life better and our core values: Care First, Be Preferred, Everyone Belongs, Innovate Boldly, and Owner’s Mindset.
A warm, welcoming environment
Here, everyone belongs! We embrace diversity and foster an inclusive work environment where individuals feel supported and enabled to contribute their very best every day.
A place where you can grow personally and professionally
We believe everyone has great potential, and we strive to nurture that potential into great personal and professional achievements.
An environment that enables innovation and collaboration
We are creating the conditions that inspire and enable innovation – in our products and services, as well as in how we do our work day-to-day.
The Control Systems Engineer will be responsible for maintaining instrumentation and control systems in support of plant production, quality, GMP and safety goals. This role collaborates with other disciplines and leads projects from design through implementation to deliver improved process performance and control system reliability.
- Ensure the instrumentation, control systems, and documentation are capable of supporting the quality and production goals of the assigned unit(s) in the plant to meet business needs.
- Identify and implement improvements in instrumentation/control systems and support effective Management of Change, including PSM and validation considerations.
- Maintain knowledge continuity through specific subject matter expertise in an element of the site control system.
- Manage assigned capital projects within approved cost, schedule, and scope constraints.
- Participate in control systems lifecycle planning to ensure continued support and fit for use as they approach obsolescence.
- Drive continuous improvement within plant automation. Develop professional skillset to enable improved process efficiency and control system reliability.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and applications that may be beneficial to the business. Share knowledge and provide assistance within the group, with other plants and any other customers within the organization.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, or relevant experience in automation/controls.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PLC and DCS hardware and software, as well as data historians.
- Project Management experience and a track record of successful projects.
- Mastery of theory of operation, application, specification, installation, and tuning of control valves and measurement devices.
- Experience with network infrastructure. Cisco Certified Network Profession (CCNP) a plus.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity concepts and principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields