Continuous Improvement Manager
West Branch, MI
** Full corporate relo package – ideal location for someone who enjoys the outdoors **
Our client designs and manufactures custom precision tooling and is control of the process from raw materials to finished products. The products they produce are diverse, and customers are in multiple industries including but not limited to aerospace, oil & gas, machining and medical devices. We are seeking a hand on Continuous Improvement Manager who will lead, train, and apply Lean and Six Sigma principals to Continuous Improvement initiatives including shop floor and administrative (office) kaizen events to support key business objectives across 4 manufacturing facilities that comprise the business unit. They will function as a Change Agent to lead and mentor team-based improvement projects throughout the business unit. The CI Manager will coach and develop local CI resources in lean concepts, tools and strategies, creating lean leaders across the business unit.
· Provide leadership, education and guidance throughout the Kaizen process. Train and mentor team members in a broad range of lean philosophies to include the shop floor kaizen process. Supports establishment and utilization of visual metrics to help evaluate effectiveness of lean operations, identify and drive improvements.
· Identify and prioritize areas and processes to apply improvement strategies based on business unit strategy in areas including capacity expansion, lead time reduction, quality improvement, new part introduction, and cost reduction.
· Determine the appropriate Lean tools, methodologies and timing of improvement activity to achieve business unit objectives. Utilize tools, techniques and methodologies in the application of a full range of improvement activities.
- BS in Engineering, Manufacturing or Operational Management
- Minimum of 5 years working within a Lean manufacturing operating system
- Has led multiple Kaizen events, with measurable results.
- Has deep knowledge of and ability to train Lean manufacturing principles and tools.
- Able to facilitate diverse group activities with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Proactive decision maker (change agent)
- Completion of Lean certification or Six Sigma programs a plus.
· Deep working knowledge of Lean Principles and Tools, including, but not limited to: Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Flow, Kanban, Visual Management, TPM, Kaizen, Transactional Process Improvement, Variation Reduction, SMED, and 3P
· Ability to mine, analyze and synthesis detailed data sets into clear information that is easily digestible and actionable
· Ability to clearly present complex problems, recommendations, and solutions to all levels of the organization from shop floor to top executives
- Travel required up to 25 to 50% of time
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields